Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I must admit that getting sucked out of a plane window doesn't sound much fun.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I know she appears to have landed the plane in a highly accomplished fashion and is rightly being lauded for her skill and composure, but still, imagine realising your plane is in serious trouble and then remembering the pilot is a chick
    that's probably what caused this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    that's probably what caused this in the first place.
    My prejudices against pilots are much more national than gender-based. Much better an American woman than a Greek or Spaniard, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My prejudices against pilots are much more national than gender-based. Much better an American woman than a Greek or Spaniard, for instance.
    And class-based, shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    And class-based, shirley?
    Obviously. One doesn't want a pilot who can't speak or behave properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Obviously. One doesn't want a pilot who can't speak or behave properly.
    Surely just getting one that is sober is a bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Surely just getting one that is sober is a bonus
    Are you mad, man? Flying without a drink inside you? The very idea is monstrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you mad, man? Flying without a drink inside you? The very idea is monstrous.
    I will be making the short hop from Compton Abbas to Normandie in the next few weeks. The main purpose of this trip will be to acquire both wine and cheese. I hadn't considered sampling some of the produce in France but you raise an interesting point to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Good lord, by sober I don't mean not having a drink, just being able to walk and possible talk to the passengers without slurring