Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Talking of supermarkets, what fresh cvntery is this?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you know, I've managed to get through the last few years without having knowingly consumed quinoa. It just hasn't come up.
    I am assuming you aren't regularly subjected to the delights of vegan cafes...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am assuming you aren't regularly subjected to the delights of vegan cafes...
    Strangely, no. I would cross the road to avoid such an establishment, in fact.

I would assume that as soon as one enters such a place, one is engulfed in the reek of unwashed bodies, sweat-soaked hempen garments and pulse-based flatulence.

Strangely, no. I would cross the road to avoid such an establishment, in fact.

I would assume that as soon as one enters such a place, one is engulfed in the reek of unwashed bodies, sweat-soaked hempen garments and pulse-based flatulence.
    Not really. Just a smog of self satisfaction and the whiff of competition as to who has saved the most animals/planets today.

if you are just a vegan you are bottom of the ladder. You have to be gluten free as well to get a seat at the table and, ideally, only eat things that sprout.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Not really. Just a smog of self satisfaction and the whiff of competition as to who has saved the most animals/planets today.

if you are just a vegan you are bottom of the ladder. You have to be gluten free as well to get a seat at the table and, ideally, only eat things that sprout.....
    I like it when they sneer at mere vegetarians. It puts me in mind of flagellants, hair shirts and other competitive forms of masochistic self-mortification.

They're all quite mad, of course. You realise that, don't you?

I like it when they sneer at mere vegetarians. It puts me in mind of flagellants, hair shirts and other competitive forms of masochistic self-mortification.

They're all quite mad, of course. You realise that, don't you?
    there are significant health benefits, b. Given that the food is so ****ing awful it becomes very easy to lose and/or control your weight.

I find the whole competition quite amusing but around the half hour mark you develop a desperate desire to start slashing throats.