Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So yesterday I drank two of my homemade, five-month matured sparkling ciders.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Have another 2 pints and see what happens
    This would be an excellent plan, but these were the last of that particular batch. It was quite, quite foul when I first drank it about three months ago. Yesterday it was like nectar. This is what's so frustrating: but for the slightly unfortunate digestive episode, I would happily conclude that I have cracked the secret of making good sparkling cider.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This would be an excellent plan, but these were the last of that particular batch. It was quite, quite foul when I first drank it about three months ago. Yesterday it was like nectar. This is what's so frustrating: but for the slightly unfortunate digestive episode, I would happily conclude that I have cracked the secret of making good sparkling cider.
    I think consumers are going to consider that as rather more than just a side effect.

I was presented with 7% lager on Saturday in the pub and told that, due to its incredible strength, one was only allowed to order in two-third of a pint.

Well I will NOT be told what size drink I can and cannot have. I had a Guinness instead. **** them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think consumers are going to consider that as rather more than just a side effect.

I was presented with 7% lager on Saturday in the pub and told that, due to its incredible strength, one was only allowed to order in two-third of a pint.

Well I will NOT be told what size drink I can and cannot have. I had a Guinness instead. **** them.
    Two third of a pint?

What in the name of all this is holy does that mean? They give you a half empty glass?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Two third of a pint?

What in the name of all this is holy does that mean? They give you a half empty glass?
    A third empty glass imo
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    A third empty glass imo
    He always looks on the negative side
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Two third of a pint?

No, they actually have the little glasses. Every beer can be ordered as a half, two thirds or a pint.

Its a 'tap house' apparently, not just a pub. I had a long conversation with them about this and I am still none the wiser as to what's the difference is.

On the wall it says 'we do not sell Fosters'.

It is the only pub in the town centre that isnt either violent or drowned in appalling music. I have to go in there

No, they actually have the little glasses. Every beer can be ordered as a half, two thirds or a pint.
    Of course, simply ordering more than one renders their whole, shítty policy unworkable
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

In cider terms, 7% is no biggie, though. I’ve quaffed pints of Old Rosie in the pub and that’s 7.3%.

I can only conclude that the people serving you this beer were charlatans, I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In cider terms, 7% is no biggie, though. I’ve quaffed pints of Old Rosie in the pub and that’s 7.3%.

I can only conclude that the people serving you this beer were charlatans, I’m afraid.
    Well, yes...as evidence elsewhere in the thread. It is, I believe, a 'hipster' pub.

I am no fan of cider.

Well, yes...as evidence elsewhere in the thread. It is, I believe, a 'hipster' pub.

I am no fan of cider.
    You'd like mine, p. Delicious, it is. And very...cleansing.