Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: You can always tell armed conflict's in the offing when you see economic illiterate

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think there's a rather bigger picture, tbh. This isn't about Assad. Nobody really cares if middle Eastern savages slaughter their populace by whatever means. It's simply what This is about showing Iran and Russia that the West is sick of their sh1t; that that limp-wristed fanny Obama is no longer in charge and that red lines will not be crossed with impunity.
    Do you not feel that Mrs May is a leetle bit limp of wrist? Though I suppose she will just go along with whatever Don wants.

I think there's a rather bigger picture, tbh. This isn't about Assad. Nobody really cares if middle Eastern savages slaughter their populace by whatever means. It's simply what This is about showing Iran and Russia that the West is sick of their sh1t; that that limp-wristed fanny Obama is no longer in charge and that red lines will not be crossed with impunity.
    Ah, we're back to The Great Game, I suppose.

It's all very well, but if a Sukhoi 35 engages a Typhoon and comes off second best, that means war. And war is bad for business. Unless you're in the war business.

I wish I was in the war business.

National defence is one of the few areas where I have a use for government, p. It's therefore one of the few areas for which I don't resent paying tax. After all, who else is going to do it?

And anyway, what I really resent are the morons who seem to think that spending money in one place means it's not available in another. That's not how economies work.
    I agree. Morons! Like suggesting that if we leave the EU we can spend more on the NHS. What sort of ****ing idiot would say something like that! Or vote for it......

Those complaining now should come and see you, b. You can tell them that isnt how economies work

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Do you not feel that Mrs May is a leetle bit limp of wrist? Though I suppose she will just go along with whatever Don wants.
    I would certainly say she's limp of wrist if she went through the idiotic business of asking for Parliament's consent. A sitting Prime Minister does not require Parliament's say-so for taking military action. It's a dangerous precedent that's been set in recent years and it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I agree. Morons! Like suggesting that if we leave the EU we can spend more on the NHS. What sort of ****ing idiot would say something like that! Or vote for it......

Those complaining now should come and see you, b. You can tell them that isnt how economies work
    You should take that up with the people who actually voted for that, p. If you can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

It's all very well, but if a Sukhoi 35 engages a Typhoon and comes off second best, that means war. And war is bad for business. Unless you're in the war business.

Well the Turks shot down an SU-24 and Russia - predictably - did fvck all. Russia's all wind and p1ss.

Well the Turks shot down an SU-24 and Russia - predictably - did fvck all. Russia's all wind and p1ss.
    Christ, a Sukhoi-24? Saved them the bother of scrapping the poor old thing, I suppose.

Aren't the Su-35 and EF2000 build for different things? I've always seen the Su-35 and thought it was a very fast, heavy air to ground aircraft? Whereas the EF2000 is a nimble, slightly scatty air to air fighter jet?

I'd have thought that the Tornado was a better comparison to the Su-35.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Aren't the Su-35 and EF2000 build for different things? I've always seen the Su-35 and thought it was a very fast, heavy air to ground aircraft? Whereas the EF2000 is a nimble, slightly scatty air to air fighter jet?

I'd have thought that the Tornado was a better comparison to the Su-35.
    Christ knows, they all look the same to me.

Christ, a Sukhoi-24? Saved them the bother of scrapping the poor old thing, I suppose.
    Sure, but the principle was the same. The Russians were pushing their luck by encroaching on Turkish airspace, the Turks weren't having it, shot the bugger down and the Russians backed off. This is their gameplan - it's based on the idea that the West won't react. When it does, they'll back down.