Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You do realise that it's currently the equivalent of October 1914

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nobody starts wars in November. Weather's too dreadful. In fact, it could be argued that the Germans had already effectively lost the war by October 1914. It just took them four years to realise it.

When it comes to thermonuclear devices, I'm not sure where I stand these days. When one lived in London, one could at least be fairly certain you'd at least die in the blast rather than a lingering death from radiation sickness and whatnot. Now I don't know.
    The radiation stuff is all lefty propaganda, apparently. I read about it a couple of years ago. According to this random article on the internet, if the effects of radiation were as severe as we are led to believe, about half a million people would have died of cancer in the years following Chernobyl. The actual number of cases was about 17. These numbers may not be 100% accurate, but you get the gist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The radiation stuff is all lefty propaganda, apparently. I read about it a couple of years ago. According to this random article on the internet, if the effects of radiation were as severe as we are led to believe, about half a million people would have died of cancer in the years following Chernobyl. The actual number of cases was about 17. These numbers may not be 100% accurate, but you get the gist.
    I have read similar, actually. The dangers of Chernobyl were massively exaggerated - mostly by German greens and similar who wanted to demonise nuclear power in all its guises.

Well, sure, but you get a lot of two-headed birds within the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but we have limited objectives, la. We need to get in and get out without conceding more than two goals and/or scoring at least one ourselves. All we need to do is not lose too badly and we're fine.
    Phew - now can you assure me those scouse ****s won’t win the big one

and we're sliding inexorably into a world war, don't you?

It's strange how calm and accepting everyone is.

Pucker up your árseholes, boys. It's armageddon for us all.
    ooh in just under 11 years Herbert Chapman joins The Arsenal, that's something to look forward to innit?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'