Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How **** are the Dutch?

How **** are the Dutch?

They were so poor. Not one player you'd look at think, they'll cause problems.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They were so poor. Not one player you'd look at think, they'll cause problems.
    It's all terribly depressing, p. No sign of anything exciting coming through either, apparently. The KNVB are alleged to have put together a Big Plan to put things right over the next 15 years, but one doesn't have much faith in the KNVB any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all terribly depressing, p. No sign of anything exciting coming through either, apparently. The KNVB are alleged to have put together a Big Plan to put things right over the next 15 years, but one doesn't have much faith in the KNVB any more.
    Young Kluivert? That does seem to be about it, though. Such a shame, grown up watching brilliant sides and knowing if you beat them, that it was a real feather in one's cap.

This side, you'd expect Scotland to give them a game!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Young Kluivert? That does seem to be about it, though. Such a shame, grown up watching brilliant sides and knowing if you beat them, that it was a real feather in one's cap.

This side, you'd expect Scotland to give them a game!
    Alright, alright. There's no need to go on about it.

Alright, alright. There's no need to go on about it.
    How are we this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How are we this morning?
    Still sub-optimal. DON'T TELL ME ANY MORE!

Handful of players at top level clubs plus couple of very highly thought of young lads at Ajax. Situation could be a lot worse.

The clubs are very much second and maybe even third tier in Europe now, surely it’s a case of having a realistic expectation as opposed to looking back at the glory days of the 70s and 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Handful of players at top level clubs plus couple of very highly thought of young lads at Ajax. Situation could be a lot worse.

The clubs are very much second and maybe even third tier in Europe now, surely it’s a case of having a realistic expectation as opposed to looking back at the glory days of the 70s and 80s.
    Reached a world cup final in 2010. FIFA ranked no. 1 in the world in 2011.

Still sub-optimal. DON'T TELL ME ANY MORE!
    I know no more. I was wondering if you'd had any more flashbacks, though.

I'm still quite impressed that you managed to racially abuse a taxi driver on a five minute journey, though. You must have virtually got into the cab, spewed hate speech at him almost immediately and then got out.

Reached a world cup final in 2010. FIFA ranked no. 1 in the world in 2011.
    This is true however I think we can both agree that the defeat will never be looked back on with the same halcyon memories and imagery of 74 and 78 or the 80s triumphs of Gullit, van Basten and Rijkaard.

Ask any person about Holland 2010 and chances are they will mention de Jong kicking your man in the head.

The FIFA rankings I have dismissed with a level of total disrespect.