Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: All this shít being lost about the BBC allegedly photoshopping Our Jeremy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, although an economic downturn after Brexit would surely - unquestionably - result in a Labour government in 2022, shirley?
    Nope. People don't vote Labour to get out of economic downturns, m. It would be like trying to put out a fire with gallon of four-star.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nope. People don't vote Labour to get out of economic downturns, m. It would be like trying to put out a fire with gallon of four-star.
    But as you yourself have just acknowledged, not everyone votes for who they want to actually win. My assumption is that enough people would "punish" the Tories in the event of a downturn to make Labour the largest party. Even if this manifested merely in a low turn-out for the Tories it could push Labour over the line.

But as you yourself have just acknowledged, not everyone votes for who they want to actually win. My assumption is that enough people would "punish" the Tories in the event of a downturn to make Labour the largest party. Even if this manifested merely in a low turn-out for the Tories it could push Labour over the line.
    I don't really buy this, I'm afraid. It's based on far too many imaginative leaps. How big is the downturn (if it even happens)? I've no idea what state the Labour Party will be in by 2022, for instance. Also, I doubt the Brexit wound will be anywhere near as raw in 2022 as it was in 2017.

But with Momentum gaining a firmer and firmer grip on the party's throat, surely a point will come where 'moderate' Labour MPs will no longer be prepared to stand for the anti-semitism, the lunatic economic 'policies' and the extreme fringe identity politics?

A new, centrist, pro-EU party, led by Soubry, Ummuna and some SDP moron, would surely split the Labour vote enough to see it consigned to the wilderness? lease:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But with Momentum gaining a firmer and firmer grip on the party's throat, surely a point will come where 'moderate' Labour MPs will no longer be prepared to stand for the anti-semitism, the lunatic economic 'policies' and the extreme fringe identity politics?

A new, centrist, pro-EU party, led by Soubry, Ummuna and some SDP moron, would surely split the Labour vote enough to see it consigned to the wilderness? lease:
    I thought this was an excellent article on Corbynism. Yes, in the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ur-leader-left

Never mind the centrists. You're already seeing McDonnell distancing himself from Corbyn over Russia. You have Momentum and Unite at each other's throats. One wonders whether the moderates are sitting back and hoping for it to implode.

Ah! A new SDP. After a few embarrassing elections they could merge with the dying embers of the Lib Dems. Its the 80s again!