Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In response to #Metoo, this year's Geneva Motor Show has replaced its "booth babes"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think there are blokes next to cars too.
    Terrific!

It's basically the Great Women's Football Fallacy all over again.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Maybe, but they're still chicks
    Quite.

Get a bloke to do it. Essentially it is still a chick for the same reasons as the previous scantily clad chick.

The sort of fúcking pervert that would attend a motor show in the first place probably gets more hot under the collar about the bint dressed up as Stig from Top Gear as he does a bint with her bits on show.

I like your final point, but I can’t help recalling how you used to speak about the proles pre-brexit.

You seemed quite enamoured of the fact that democracy was a sham designed to make thick people feel like their opinions mattered while actually ignoring them.

That’s what you used to say, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The wholesale infiltration of education and academia by the identity politics-driven left have been hugely successful. You now have a generation or two of young adults in the world who are genuinely shocked and appalled that people exist who are prepared to even question certain orthodoxies. One oughtn't be surprised by this. They have been thoroughly brainwashed with this crap since age 5, with the BBC, etc helping to hammer home the 'right' messages on gender, race, social justice and the environment. The effect of this has been that, the 'better' educated these people are, the less prone they are to original or independent thought on these issues. This is why hope now lies with the proles.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I like your final point, but I can’t help recalling how you used to speak about the proles pre-brexit.

You seemed quite enamoured of the fact that democracy was a sham designed to make thick people feel like their opinions mattered while actually ignoring them.

That’s what you used to say, anyway.
    I agree. And I regret my glibness. What I had perhaps underestimated until Brexit was the extent of the brainwashing. I really didn't grasp how intellectually unfit so much of the more educated classes had been allowed to become. I mean we now have younger generations who regard living under democratic government as much less important than do their parents and grandparents. I find that genuinely shocking. How in God's name can that have been allowed to happen?

I agree. And I regret my glibness. What I had perhaps underestimated until Brexit was the extent of the brainwashing. I really didn't grasp how intellectually unfit so much of the more educated classes had been allowed to become. I mean we now have younger generations who regard living under democratic government as much less important than do their parents and grandparents. I find that genuinely shocking. How in God's name can that have been allowed to happen?
    Is that how you interpret the Brexit vote? That young people dont care about democracy as much as their parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Is that how you interpret the Brexit vote? That young people dont care about democracy as much as their parents?
    I think it's a factor, certainly, but that wasn't my point. My point was that to have arrived at a situation where kids are allowed to grow up without a single fvcking clue about how lucky they are or why is terrifying.

I think it's a factor, certainly, but that wasn't my point. My point was that to have arrived at a situation where kids are allowed to grow up without a single fvcking clue about how lucky they are or why is terrifying.
    But the left would throw that exact same charge back at us. For example, in relation to gender equality, they'd say that we've grown complacent about the progress that's been made and that slipping back into the bad old days is a persistent threat, even if it doesn't feel like it.

It really doesnt sound remotely terrifying. Just the standard cry of each generation about the next.