Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
Hmmm. Hmmmmmm.

I don't really recognise this jealousy you describe among chicks. I actually think most women (of every class) like the fact that blokes love perving. It gives them something to feel superior to us about.

I actually think this whole movement is being driven by the economics of the media. I don't know how you'd do it, but I reckon if you could quantify the market value of the women's movement in terms of how much money it generates, it would be a serious eye-opener.

In other words, it's the equality industrial complex, stoopid.

As for your characterisation of me, if you'd had any insight into my private sphere in recently years you'd be aware how many middle-class acquaintances I've upset and alienated by talking about this stuff. Certainly, the idea of me ever virtue signally in front of my peers would elicit much laughter from my "posh bint" (who by he way grew up in a **** West Midlands town and spent her early twenties working as a cleaner and bartender).

So, no.
Fair enough about your social scene, I was just bantering you off. Though remember, we did all read her blog, and perhaps some tweets as well and she really didn't come over like a cleaner from Dudley.

You make a good point about the identity-politics industry. I don't know if the politics is actually commercially driven though, rather than ideologically, but worth thinking about. It makes a change from some of the more eccentric right-wing theories about George Soros.

I still think there's a fair chance that it's all about fashion though. 'Society' has always held certain principles as inviolable, with those principles changing from era to era. Prudery is in. As is the idea (despite all the 'inspirational journey' crap) that women are delicate flowers in need of protection. It's literally like the 19th century all over again, Clive.