Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So farewell then, New Musical Express

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whether the Smiths were any good or not is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion. In my universe they might have been quite good had that complete pillock not been their singer.

And I never felt under any pressure from that corrupt and pretentious rag to like or dislike anything on their say so. I only ever really read the letter from John Connolly, New Barnet at the end each week anyway.
    It's all so fey, though. So revoltingly wishy-washy. Rock n roll is supposed to be angry. It's supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to scream truth into your head, not mince around waving a fúcking flower about.

I'd love to see a fight between Ronnie Van Zandt and Morrissey. No rules. Ronnie would rip his unused Mancunian dick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's all so fey, though. So revoltingly wishy-washy. Rock n roll is supposed to be angry. It's supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to scream truth into your head, not mince around waving a fúcking flower about.

I'd love to see a fight between Ronnie Van Zandt and Morrissey. No rules. Ronnie would rip his unused Mancunian dick off.
    Who said anything about Rock and Roll? It's popular music. Rock and Roll is just a narrow stratum of popular music beloved of people who can't dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Who said anything about Rock and Roll? It's popular music. Rock and Roll is just a narrow stratum of popular music beloved of people who can't dance.
    You're so gay sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Birds in micro-skirts and stilettos and boob-tubes randomly gyrating away on the dancefloor. Superb.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."