Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Oi, redg. Hound expertise required.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It may be something to do with it being ‘sensitive material’ - even though the fúcking hare gets away.
    It takes a peculiar mentality to actively seek to subject an animal to that much stress. A mentality similar to that of, ooh, let's see, Josef Mengele.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It takes a peculiar mentality to actively seek to subject an animal to that much stress. A mentality similar to that of, ooh, let's see, Josef Mengele.
    ‘Stress’? It’s a hare. Running away from other animals is what it does. Evolution made it that fast and agile and it’s a magnificent thing to see. Both the hounds and the hare are doing what they’re built for. Stop anthropomorphising.

‘Stress’? It’s a hare. Running away from other animals is what it does. Evolution made it that fast and agile and it’s a magnificent thing to see. Both the hounds and the hare are doing what they’re built for. Stop anthropomorphising.
    Oh, it's absolutely natural. What I object to is the human psyche which can not only enjoy such a thing, but create the scenario unnecesarily as well. Isn't cock-fighting perfectly natural? It is, but we tend to keep cockerels seperate so they don't tear each other to shreds unnecesarily, if we're not the sort of sick fúcks who get our jollies watching animals in distress.

And stop telling me what to do.

Blame those shíte wildlife progammes by ****s like Attenborough that layer emotive, heart string-tugging music over scenes of wild animals doing their thing.

These shows are supposed to somehow educate us, but they are basically just soap operas designed to appeal to our base, crude emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Blame those shíte wildlife progammes by ****s like Attenborough that layer emotive, heart string-tugging music over scenes of wild animals doing their thing.

These shows are supposed to somehow educate us, but they are basically just soap operas designed to appeal to our base, crude emotions.
    WB Yeats has it right, m.

‘Not dread, nor hope attends a dying animal.
    Man awaits his end, dreading and hoping all’

It’s a distinction that lies at the heart both of human misery and our absurd attitudes to animals.

WB Yeats has it right, m.

‘Not dread, nor hope attends a dying animal.
    Man awaits his end, dreading and hoping all’

It’s a distinction that lies at the heart both of human misery and our absurd attitudes to animals.
    In fairness, he pinched that from Burns:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
    In proving foresight may be vain;
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley,
    An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me
    The present only toucheth thee:
    But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.
    On prospects drear!
    An' forward, tho' I canna see,
    I guess an' fear!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    In fairness, he pinched that from Burns:

But, Mousie, thou art no thy lane,
    In proving foresight may be vain;
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an 'men
    Gang aft agley,
    An'lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
    For promis'd joy!

Still thou art blest, compar'd wi' me
    The present only toucheth thee:
    But, Och! I backward cast my e'e.
    On prospects drear!
    An' forward, tho' I canna see,
    I guess an' fear!
    Yes, but Yeats wrote his in English, r.

Yes, but Yeats wrote his in English, r.
    Yes, fair point.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."