Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danny Welbeck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I must say, I've seen some inept centre-forward displays in my time. Indeed, I've been responsible for some truly remarkably inept centre-forward displays. But that display... either he's injured or he's taking the piss.
    I know in this day and age we must throw **** at anyone who hasn't scored a hat-trick within 5 minutes of being on the pitch but do you not think that maybe, just maybe after so long out and with so many stalled comebacks, a man might require some game time to rediscover his rhythm? I ask this of you as you are normally more sensible than the other baboons committing here.

He was impressively **** though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I know in this day and age we must throw **** at anyone who hasn't scored a hat-trick within 5 minutes of being on the pitch but do you not think that maybe, just maybe after so long out and with so many stalled comebacks, a man might require some game time to rediscover his rhythm? I ask this of you as you are normally more sensible than the other baboons committing here.

He was impressively **** though
    Trust me, I spent some hours last night trying to balance my incredulity at his performance against the reality that he has every right to be rusty - but I'm sorry, his movement was sluggardly, his reactions blunt and his touch simply dreadful. Really. He looked injured to me.

I'm not throwing shít at him; I'm not suggesting he's a rubbish footballer or that he should get out of my club, as I believe is the current fashion. I'm simply pointing out that his performance was truly, spectacularly awful.

Trust me, I spent some hours last night trying to balance my incredulity at his performance against the reality that he has every right to be rusty - but I'm sorry, his movement was sluggardly, his reactions blunt and his touch simply dreadful. Really. He looked injured to me.

I'm not throwing shít at him; I'm not suggesting he's a rubbish footballer or that he should get out of my club, as I believe is the current fashion. I'm simply pointing out that his performance was truly, spectacularly awful.
    His own teammates were a bit pissed off with him tbf. Can't be easy when you are out of touch and you have two such wonderful footballer in Mhkitaryan and Özil making the game look so ****ing easy. I was quite impressed by their centre forward actually - looked a handful

His own teammates were a bit pissed off with him tbf. Can't be easy when you are out of touch and you have two such wonderful footballer in Mhkitaryan and Özil making the game look so ****ing easy. I was quite impressed by their centre forward actually - looked a handful
    The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

I say again, he looked injured.

The great thing about football is that even if your touch and timing are off, you can still contribute to your team by simply putting in a great effort. Make more runs, close people down, bust a gut, don't bother touching the ball, but he didn't.

You may well have a point - there were certainly a couple of balls you would expect him to chase that he gave up on early. Mind you is a bit nippy so I expect he was quite happy to be substituted as well

You may well have a point - there were certainly a couple of balls you would expect him to chase that he gave up on early. Mind you is a bit nippy so I expect he was quite happy to be substituted as well
    His sort don't like the cold, you mean?

Positively Noadesian work from la, there.

Would've poked his nose outside the dressing room and decided, on balance, he'd be better off spending the evening toasting his toes in front of the fire in the rub-a-dub.

#Welbz, I mean, just to be clear. Not LA.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Centre forwards? Yep - hate it

I agree. It's not as though he's in the team for his goal-scoring, is it. The whole point of him is he makes runs, closes people down, busts a gut and doesn't try to touch the ball too much; if he's not even doing those things, there must be more to it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."