Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A word or two if I may about the capture of the two ISIS reptiles.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh don't worry b. Our Kurdish friends will doubtless be having a little sport with them before they are handed over.

If they are tried in the US any chance of them being executed there? Not sure how the laws of the hanging states work.

Probably being buggered from arsehole to breakfast time as we speak, h. You know what these towelheaded types are like. We've all seen Lawrence of Arabia and remember when he got what he called his 'citadel of integrity' smashed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    More to the point, innocent until proven guilty relates to British citizens who make themselves subject to British law. These jokers went off to another country, declared themselves citizens of the Islamic state and thus enemies of the British crown. By their own lights they consider themselves at war, so are now defeated, non-uniformed combatants whom the Kurds would be well within their rights to shoot out of hand.
    Frankly, I can't believe nobody in MI6 had a quiet word with the chaps on the ground and suggested that if these gobshïtes were discreetly strung up, we'd be more than happy to cop a blind 'un.
    If we are at war and they renounced the crown then it is high treason.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If we are at war and they renounced the crown then it is high treason.
    Yes. It is. But we won't try them for that, will we? Besides, you can't even execute people for that these days thanks to Brussels.

No, we'll send them on a deradicalisation course so they come out just as radicalised and claiming benefits.

Well I might have known you would side with the terrorists S.

Anyway, presumptions of innocence and fair trials cannot be afforded to men who wear handkerchiefs on their heads. it's insanitary. A decent chap keeps his hankie in his pocket.

Don't be ridiclules c. I did once whip up a lynch mob outside of a podiatrist's house.

I am getting very hot under the collar at the BBC's insistence on calling them 'fighters'. They are no such thing. They
    have simply tormented, tortured and murdered unarmed, bound men.

I don't want them to be tried here. They will use our courts to spend at least two years boasting and crowing about their exploits, safe in the knowledge that their life sentences will equate to about eight years apiece, probably less after an army of Guardianista luvvies adopt them as a cause célèbre. (would be even worse should they stand trial at The Hague).

I'd rather see them tried where they will be facing execution. Actually, I'd rather see them summarily strung up and save the bother of a trial and yes, it does mean they have dragged me down to their level. Fúck justice, I want retribution.
    Where were they captured? Link?

Shame their isn't some kind of online program that allows folk to look this sort of thing up A.

Shame their isn't some kind of online program that allows folk to look this sort of thing up A.
    I expect their is.

The reason why I asked for a link is not so much because I am incapable of researching Syria online (which I unfortunately know more about than you do about OOP Encapsulation, my friend) but because I am interested in your chosen source (if it was TV news, than you could just say that) which will frame the scenario in a way that may influence your perception of that conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I expect their is.

The reason why I asked for a link is not so much because I am incapable of researching Syria online (which I unfortunately know more about than you do about OOP Encapsulation, my friend) but because I am interested in your chosen source (if it was TV news, than you could just say that) which will frame the scenario in a way that may influence your perception of that conflict.
    Why should being an authority on Syria be unfortunate A? (apart from such pompous self proclamation making you look a bit of an arse).

Why should being an authority on Syria be unfortunate A? (apart from such pompous self proclamation making you look a bit of an arse).
    Because it is depressing. And yes, I was joking about the authority - I just wanted to show you that I was above the jobbee jokes tbh.
    Why is it depressing? Because our government is effectively supporting these scumbags by aiding "fighters" who generally turn out in the end to be ISIS and AQ. Do you believe the bullcrap about Assad using Sarin gas, btw? The 'sources' for these claims are usually the so-called "White Helmets" who are basically a propaganda wing of AQ, and who are supported by MI6 and the CIA.