Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Nothing to see here. Just Labour threatening to compulsorily purchase private

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I still don't understand how RTB had any impact on the housing shortage, unless you're tellingm me that people who bought their council houses then demolished them.
    I think the idea is that those who bought their council houses now have the temerity to still be alive and occupying them, thus denying them to the younger generation. Or, they have acquired other properties and are renting their properties out at 'exorbitant rates' (i.e. market value). In some instances, of course, they may have sold to developers who are sitting on the land until such time as it is financially advantageous for them to develop it - as is their right.

It all obscures the more fundamental demographic problems of a/ an ageing population of homeowners who aren't dying young enough to keep the housing stock moving and b/ increased demand for low income housing brought about by idiotic immigration policies.
    Last edited by Burney; 02-02-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think the idea is that those who bought their council houses now have the temerity to still be alive and occupying them, thus denying them to the younger generation. Or, they have acquired other properties and are renting their properties out at 'exorbitant rates' (i.e. market value). In some instances, of course, they may have sold to developers who are sitting on the land until such time as it is financially advantageous for them to develop it - as is their right.

It's all obscures the more fundamental demographic problems of a/ an ageing population of homeowners who aren't dying young enough to keep the housing stock moving and b/ increased demand for low income housing brought about by idiotic immigration policies.
    Of course, the whole issue could be solved at a stroke by releasing Green Belt land for building. If May weren't such a Nimby, of course...

Of course, the whole issue could be solved at a stroke by releasing Green Belt land for building. If May weren't such a Nimby, of course...
    Speaking as someone who lives in the green belt, I'd generally prefer not to have the dregs of Enfield vomited into my nice, semi-rural area in order to fück it up, thanks.

Speaking as someone who lives in the green belt, I'd generally prefer not to have the dregs of Enfield vomited into my nice, semi-rural area in order to fück it up, thanks.
    Speaking as someone who would be delighted to sell up to a developer and spend the rest of my life sitting on a beach laughing hysterically, I'm sympathetic to your issues, but only a little.

Speaking as someone who would be delighted to sell up to a developer and spend the rest of my life sitting on a beach laughing hysterically, I'm sympathetic to your issues, but only a little.
    Yes, but your place is essentially an enclave of civilisation and decency in a sea of pikeys. Selling it off to developers would do little to negatively affect the ambience of St Paul's Cray.

Yes, but your place is essentially an enclave of civilisation and decency in a sea of pikeys. Selling it off to developers would do little to negatively affect the ambience of St Paul's Cray.
    So are you saying Sir C lives in a mansion surrounded by low life scum? He needs some of R's hounds to keep him safe
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    So are you saying Sir C lives in a mansion surrounded by low life scum? He needs some of R's hounds to keep him safe
    I have African gentlemen who patrol the perimeter and keep us safe in our beds, p.

He essentially lives in a metaphor.

Right. And one or two good hunting rifles.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."