Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I was in Enfield town centre yesterday. They have clad the world's first ATM (or at

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I spent a lovely day in a pub there. It had benches out the back in a real beer garden and there was ducks casually stroking around which itself was quite odd given the rather enhanced frame of mind I was in. Gordon Hill direction at a guess.

The 29 bus then more or less took me straight home.

Wd Enfield.

I also played football there once, Enfield Lock. During the game I was verbally racially abused, an incident which caused a multi-person mill up.

Poor show Enfield.
    Yeah, Sunday football in Enfield and Cheshunt was always a hotbed of racism. My team was full of asians and greeks and there was a fair amount of unpleasantness every week.

I was once at a five a Side competition Where one black team got the most appalling abuse in every game. We were the only side that shook their hand at the end of a game. It was sickening.

Ho hum...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah, Sunday football in Enfield and Cheshunt was always a hotbed of racism. My team was full of asians and greeks and there was a fair amount of unpleasantness every week.

I was once at a five a Side competition Where one black team got the most appalling abuse in every game. We were the only side that shook their hand at the end of a game. It was sickening.

Ho hum...
    I'd say if you played a team in Enfield these days you'd be lucky to see a white face. So that's that problem solved, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'd say if you played a team in Enfield these days you'd be lucky to see a white face. So that's that problem solved, I suppose.
    I doubt that is true. Sunday football doesnt change that quickly.

THere was one black side. Everyone called them the Zulus. Affectionately, of course.