Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deso Dogg gone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    What I’ve never understood is the “it’s all about oil” refrain, as if oil wasn’t massively important in shaping geopolitical power structures.
    Yes. In a world that runs on oil, securing an oil supply is a really good reason to make alliances or go to war.

Mind you, I've been pointing this out to anti-war types since the first Gulf War, but they still seem to think 'No Blood For Oil' constitutes a good argument against interventions in the Middle East.

Weren’t the Iraqi forces under Saddam camped out on the Saudi border at one point ready to seize its oil supply? That would have had a good outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. In a world that runs on oil, securing an oil supply is a really good reason to make alliances or go to war.

Mind you, I've been pointing this out to anti-war types since the first Gulf War, but they still seem to think 'No Blood For Oil' constitutes a good argument against interventions in the Middle East.

Weren’t the Iraqi forces under Saddam camped out on the Saudi border at one point ready to seize its oil supply? That would have had a good outcome.
    Yes. Especially as they burnt the Kuwaiti oilfields in their retreat. Imagine if they'd done the same in Saudi.

It's all about the lesser evil. Just because you choose what you believe to be the lesser evil doesn't mean you don't know it's evil.

What I find weird is the Faustian pact between Saudi Arabia’s wahhabist base and the distinctly unislamic (by conservative standards) Royal Family who by all accounts spend most of their time ****ing whores in their Knightsbridge townhouses rather than following the teachings of the Koran.

Presumably yer average wahhabiist Saudi considers the family to be no less immoral than yer average western Kuffir. Yet they are happy to keep them in power presumably in exchange for the family continuing to fund the spreading of wahhabi ideology around the world.

Does this not stick in their craw a touch?

Yes. Especially as they burnt the Kuwaiti oilfields in their retreat. Imagine if they'd done the same in Saudi.

It's all about the lesser evil. Just because you choose what you believe to be the lesser evil doesn't mean you don't know it's evil.
    Last edited by Monty92; 01-19-2018 at 03:01 PM.

What I find weird is the Faustian pact between Saudi Arabia’s wahhabist base and the distinctly unislamic (by conservative standards) Royal Family who by all accounts spend most of their time ****ing whores in their Knightsbridge townhouses rather than following the teachings of the Koran.

Presumably yer average wahhabiist Saudi considers the family to be no less immoral than yer average western Kuffir. Yet they are happy to keep them in power presumably in exchange for the family continuing to fund the spreading of wahhabi ideology around the world.

Does this not stick in their draw a touch?
    Of course. It's a devil's bargain whereby the Al-Sauds maintain the highly conservative society and fund the evangelism to appease the Wahabbist clerics in return for the Wahabbists not kicking off in Saudi and letting the Al-Sauds mind their own business.

Does this not stick in their craw a touch?
    You should read this for some background on Saudi - amongst other things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OC0YP...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

I have it.

Are you familiar with Ben Shapiro, by the way?

You should read this for some background on Saudi - amongst other things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OC0YP...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

I have it.

I follow him on Twitter, so to that extent, yes.

I have it.

I prefer his sister tbh>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuQlpFnlIBE
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

He’s pretty good. An important voice on the right. Credible, serious and never controversial for the sake of it, which undermines so many others.

He’d make Cathy Newman look ike a vapid ****, too.

I follow him on Twitter, so to that extent, yes.