Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do we believe the Ancelotti rumours? This summer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The best man for the job may be the guy already in it, but we won't know that until we get rid of him and try someone else.
    Better the devil you know. Grass isn't always greener.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We can talk in clichés until the cows come home, P.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We can talk in clichés until the cows come home, P.
    Indeed, a change is as good as rest. You always do what what you've always done and you'll always get what you always got, r

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think we're past that now. Wenger's continued presence is just making everyone miserable - including him. We need catharsis - for good or ill. We're at the stage where even the wrong man would be better than carrying on with Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think we're past that now. Wenger's continued presence is just making everyone miserable - including him. We need catharsis - for good or ill. We're at the stage where even the wrong man would be better than carrying on with Wenger.
    Yes. Even failing in a different way would ease the pain at this point. Also, Arsene has a book to write, with many volumes. He needs to get started on it. Also when he goes he'll be able to say what he really thinks about referees.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes. Even failing in a different way would ease the pain at this point. Also, Arsene has a book to write, with many volumes. He needs to get started on it. Also when he goes he'll be able to say what he really thinks about referees.
    I think it is more about further redefining success. Failure, of course, is simply not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think it is more about further redefining success. Failure, of course, is simply not an option.
    A decent definition of professionalism, that. Perhaps not inspiring enough for many though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A decade or so in mid-table would certainly redefine the 'lack' of success of the hated 4th place trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A decade or so in mid-table would certainly redefine the 'lack' of success of the hated 4th place trophy.
    If you care to define mid-table as "not winning the league" then arguably we've already been there for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    If you care to define mid-table as "not winning the league" then arguably we've already been there for a decade.
    Well, I don't. I've never gone with the 91 losers approach.