Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ooooh, well done Arsene

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Even Henry Winter can see what a cheating despicable **** Dean is, which I believe was the undercurrent of his piece today. He was even respectful of Arsene's views which was a pleasant change
    Yeah, but still... Henry Winter.

The same Henry Winter who last year complained that Mark Clattenburg hadn't been mentioned in the New Year's Honours.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, but still... Henry Winter.

The same Henry Winter who last year complained that Mark Clattenburg hadn't been mentioned in the New Year's Honours.
    Yes - he's still a ****. I was almost tempted to comment on this particular gem yesterday:
    "Guardiola is right. Some contact, clearly, has to be allowed but “there are limits”, as he says. Anything that endangers a player needs proper sanction from the referee. English football spent most of the second half of 2017 watching City in awe but insufficient time actually listening to Guardiola. A timely new year’s resolution for English football is for Guardiola’s plea to be heeded."

Imagine if another manager had been saying this for years and been ignored/ridiculed for being a soft French manager

Even Henry Winter can see what a cheating despicable **** Dean is, which I believe was the undercurrent of his piece today. He was even respectful of Arsene's views which was a pleasant change
    I've never really been one for knowing one football 'journalist' from another, to be honest, feeling that writing about games isn't really Hunter Thompson territory, but one I have noticed recently is this Duncan Castles fellow. He appears to be some sort of Mourinho mouthpiece. Can this be some sort of financial arrangement, with the Portuguese knobhead paying for Castles to blwo sunshine up his arse?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've never really been one for knowing one football 'journalist' from another, to be honest, feeling that writing about games isn't really Hunter Thompson territory, but one I have noticed recently is this Duncan Castles fellow. He appears to be some sort of Mourinho mouthpiece. Can this be some sort of financial arrangement, with the Portuguese knobhead paying for Castles to blwo sunshine up his arse?
    Not sure Mourinho pays him but he it is well-known anything he writes comes straight from the Whining One's mouth, hence Castle is employed by newspapers who want that inside scoop. Haven't come across any other manager/journalist relationship quite like it though

Not sure Mourinho pays him but he it is well-known anything he writes comes straight from the Whining One's mouth, hence Castle is employed by newspapers who want that inside scoop. Haven't come across any other manager/journalist relationship quite like it though
    Oh, it's a known thing, is it? I'm glad I'm not imagnining it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, it's a known thing, is it? I'm glad I'm not imagnining it.
    He voted for Mourinho for coach of the year in the Fifa awards last year. For winning the Europa League and League Cup and finishing sixth. Above Zinedine Zidane, first coach to win back back Champions League titles to name but one worthy candidate

I thought it was a United thing, rather than just Mourinho, no?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I thought it was a United thing, rather than just Mourinho, no?
    Nope - the connection comes through Jorge Mendes (I believe). Used to be a decent writer

Pretty sure Ferguson had about four or five scribblers who hung slavishly upon his every word.

Ahhh, now I've started thinking about Alex Ferguson and how much I still hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Pretty sure Ferguson had about four or five scribblers who hung slavishly upon his every word.

Ahhh, now I've started thinking about Alex Ferguson and how much I still hate him.
    Undoubtedly, particularly the Manchester-based ones some of whom were Utd fans (though bearing in mind he once refused to talk to his own club's , and he was there an awfully long time. Castles is a Scottish based writer who had no real connection with Utd before Mourinho came in.