Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sometimes I visit friends of ours who have recently had kids

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    See, I find this odd. Increasingly, I find I go to the pub specifically in order to be alone. Taking someone with me who hasn't even the merit of being able to go to the bar for me seems to defeat the object of going to the pub in the first place.
    You should want to go to the pub to be sociable... not be the bitter old man in the corner that everyone stears clear of
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You should want to go to the pub to be sociable... not be the bitter old man in the corner that everyone stears clear of
    Ugh! God, no! Being sociable is something you do when you're young and sort of have to. One of the joys of getting older is that I no longer feel any compunction whatsoever to be sociable. Indeed I now fiercely resent having to any sort of social occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ugh! God, no! Being sociable is something you do when you're young and sort of have to. One of the joys of getting older is that I no longer feel any compunction whatsoever to be sociable. Indeed I now fiercely resent having to any sort of social occasion.
    I do see you turing into some sort of Harry Enfield character. It's not too late b to embrace the population and spread joy to some less fortunate souls by chatting to them in the pub.

They might just think you are a weirdo of course
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I do see you turing into some sort of Harry Enfield character. It's not too late b to embrace the population and spread joy to some less fortunate souls by chatting to them in the pub.

They might just think you are a weirdo of course
    Perhaps, but as I get older, the number of people whose opinion of me I give a shít about has become vanishingly small, so - with respect - I couldn't really give a toss.