Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Just watched the woman from accross the way take twenty minutes to get her car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do agree. I'm one of the people who learned in the period you describe and will admit that what I've learned about driving in snow I learned the hard way. That first realisation that rather than the highly responsive machine that goes where you point it you're used to, you're in a large, unwieldy lump of metal whose major motive force is inertia can be a bit of an eye-opener.
    How many 'ikkle kiddies had to perish under your wheels before you finally learned?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    How many 'ikkle kiddies had to perish under your wheels before you finally learned?
    None. I did glide elegantly into a high kerb at one point, but that was about it. Actually, on the occasion I remember on the M25 (about 6/7 years ago, I think), the greater danger was actually people in RWD cars simply skidding across lanes in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    None. I did glide elegantly into a high kerb at one point, but that was about it. Actually, on the occasion I remember on the M25 (about 6/7 years ago, I think), the greater danger was actually people in RWD cars simply skidding across lanes in front of you.
    You can't have fun in a front wheel drive car, b. It's a known fact. SCIENCE FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You can't have fun in a front wheel drive car, b. It's a known fact. SCIENCE FACT.
    What if you're having it orf in the car? Which wheels drive it will make no difference, surely?

Anyway, you need to get over this idea of cars being fun. They're not meant to be fun. Indeed, the logical endpoint of their development is that they do all the work and are no 'fun' whatsoever.