Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: What's your Christmas dinner menu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Fish, fish and more fish. Maybe some boiled potatoes and ham.

Sea or lake?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Sea or lake?
    We have established that lake fish are God's own fish, c. You can't eat God's fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We have established that lake fish are God's own fish, c. You can't eat God's fish.
    What about the fishes with the loaves and the fishes. Were they lake fish? Did they come from the sea of Galilee which is a lake even though it is called a sea? WHY IS GOD SO MYSTERIOUS?

Something very easy, possibly even a takeaway, on Christmas Eve as I spend all of the 23rd preparing for Christmas Day and all of Christmas day cooking (and drinking massive quantities of alcohol, of course)

Christmas morning - scrambled egg with truffle, smoked salmon, maple smoked bacon and champagne.

Christmas lunch - roast turkey breast, braised turkey legs, creamed sprouts, roast potatoes, bread stuffing, roasted root vegetables

Christmas evening - cheese, biscuits, bread, wine, port etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Something very easy, possibly even a takeaway, on Christmas Eve as I spend all of the 23rd preparing for Christmas Day and all of Christmas day cooking (and drinking massive quantities of alcohol, of course)

Christmas morning - scrambled egg with truffle, smoked salmon, maple smoked bacon and champagne.

Christmas lunch - roast turkey breast, braised turkey legs, creamed sprouts, roast potatoes, bread stuffing, roasted root vegetables

Christmas evening - cheese, biscuits, bread, wine, port etc etc
    Much the same at Chez PSRB

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Much the same at Chez PSRB
    I'm a bit distressed by the lack of ham, sausages and - most crucially - bread sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm a bit distressed by the lack of ham, sausages and - most crucially - bread sauce.
    I did say much the same, we will of course be having pigs in blankets. I might do a ham, if I can be arsed.

Bread sauce can **** off

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Ham is for the post Christmas day brunch - however as we are heading up to the Lake District on the 27th there will be no post Christmas day brunch. Chipolatas with the Christmas dinner and Porky Whites for breakfast on the 26th.

No bread sauce because I know seriously bad food when I taste it.

Coffee when I first wake up and the kids are doing the whole Santa thing.

A bottle of champagne or prosecco for breakfast, mixed with some orange juice as to not steam in.

Few beers from around mid-day when sorting out kitchen based issues, from there into Champagne as I have two bottles of Veuve Cliquot put to one side.

After dinner I will move onto wine, red naturally.

Turkey for food as it is traditional and insisted upon by others.