Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I'm going to a christmas carol service this evening.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My mother would have been devastated to miss it so it may be a generational thing. Not many of her generation left now, in fairness. I'm not sure it matters, though. If she fancies chatting on TV for 10 minutes once a year, sho's going to stop her? She is the queen, after all.
    Indeed, she will be dead soon and leaving whatever you are doing to listen to Charles just isn't happening.

RIP your so called Royal Family.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, she will be dead soon and leaving whatever you are doing to listen to Charles just isn't happening.

You fundamentally fail to understand the nature of a monarchy, sw. it is about continuity. It is about the holy mystery of divine anointment and the atavistic belief in the land and king being one. It doesn't matter who they are, it matters what they are.

We've had shït kings before - some of them so shît we've had to kill them and even Chas is unlikely to be that bad. However, we persist with monarchy because it works. One slightly irritating king won't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Well, there's no need to be offensive, is there?