Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Expecting to see Masterchef the other evening, I saw Match of the Day was delaying

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Expecting to see Masterchef the other evening, I saw Match of the Day was delaying

it. Wondering what game this could possibly be, I turned on BBC2 and found to my horror they were labelling women's 'football' in this absurd and misleading fashion. My outrage turned to laughter very quickly, however, when the first action I saw involved a pathetically weak long range effort from an England 'player' being horribly fumbled by the big lesbian in goal, only to fall at the feet of another England 'player' who then promptly spazzed out completely and missed the gaping goal by a good three yards. It was really very funny and pretty much summed up why nobody watches women's football.

It did lead me to wonder if there is there a bigger disparity in competence, co-ordination and sheer athleticism between male and female versions of any sport than that which exists between men's and women's football? I mean women's tennis is obviously rubbish, but its players do at least look vaguely as though they are at least playing the same sport as the men. By contrast, women's football is virtually unrecognisable as the same thing and is at a standard that would put most Sunday teams to shame.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-30-2017 at 04:24 PM.