Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen. If you were looking for a way to fight back

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think MArx was more concerned with who controls the means of production, distribution and exchange than speed, thought and banditry in its many forms.

I had to listen to some **** here going on and on about how coverage of the two world wars never mentions gay soldiers. He was hugely offended when I pointed out that it didnt mention straight ones either, or indeed anything regarding sexual orientation.

When I said I found it offensive that coverage of the Battle of Trafalgar never took account of those in the ranks with learning difficulties I thought he was going to punch me.
    They still seem to be upset that the film Dunkirk hardly showed any non-white people and simply aren't accepting the 'But that was the historical reality' thing as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I see the Frenchies are trying to make wolf-whistling illegal.How else is one suppose to grab the attention of a hot chick.World gone mad I tells you.
    Well you are not allowed to grab them now, so that is out. Whistling is out.

Are they actually expecting us to talk to them??? I put up with many things but I am NOT going to have a conversation with a bloody woman. I draw the line at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    They still seem to be upset that the film Dunkirk hardly showed any non-white people and simply aren't accepting the 'But that was the historical reality' thing as an excuse.
    That Howards End programme is rather good, despite it being Forster... but I am confused that about 50% of the population of Edwardian London was black

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My nephew was covering Trafalgar at school a few years ago. He learned a lot about conditions on Nelson's ships, about rations, and the role of women in the navy.

THe only bits they left out was a)who won the battle and b) what the battle was about and who it was with.

My nephew was covering Trafalgar at school a few years ago. He learned a lot about conditions on Nelson's ships, about rations, and the role of women in the navy.

THe only bits they left out was a)who won the battle and b) what the battle was about and who it was with.
    It was some years ago that a teacher wrote a ltter to The Times reporting taking her junior school class to central London for a day trip. In Trafalgar Square she asked is anyone knew Nelson's other name and was barraged with cries of, 'Mandela'.

I think MArx was more concerned with who controls the means of production, distribution and exchange than speed, thought and banditry in its many forms.
    Of course he was.

What rightists are calling 'Cultural Marxism' has got completely fùck-all to do with Marxism. From now on I will be calling it Fake Leftism, as it is turning leftism on its head.

Marxism analyses social relations in terms of class, and concludes that there is a tiny ruling class who control practically all the money and power for their own ends, and then there is everyone else, who really shouldn't be putting up with this arrangement.

The ruling class therefore has to split up everyone else into sub-classes and competing groups to keep everyone squabbling amongst themselves. Hence identity politics (the Fake Left) is just the ticket, as it pitches women v men, black vs white, muslim v christian, transers v filthy normies and so on, and stops us recognising our true class interests (ruling class v the rest).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Of course he was.

What rightists are calling 'Cultural Marxism' has got completely fùck-all to do with Marxism. From now on I will be calling it Fake Leftism, as it is turning leftism on its head.

Marxism analyses social relations in terms of class, and concludes that there is a tiny ruling class who control practically all the money and power for their own ends, and then there is everyone else, who really shouldn't be putting up with this arrangement.

The ruling class therefore has to split up everyone else into sub-classes and competing groups to keep everyone squabbling amongst themselves. Hence identity politics (the Fake Left) is just the ticket, as it pitches women v men, black vs white, muslim v christian, transers v filthy normies and so on, and stops us recognising our true class interests (ruling class v the rest).
    Right, but in his day there was a tiny ruling clas that hoarded all the wealth whereas these days...... oh, ****!

Of course he was.

Dr Jordan Peterson says that identity politics is just the post-modern reiteration of Marxism, a.

Now I have no idea what any of that means, but Dr Jordan Peterson knows this shít and he's a professor and everything, so I m afraid you are wrong in this instance.

Of course he was.

and that's before I start on how the Fake Left whores itself in the interests of globalism, corporate capitalism and unelected elites...

Of course he was.

The 'ruling class' (whatever the fück that means these days) didn't do the splitting up, a. Human nature did that and the left have spent the last 40 years reinforcing and formalising those differences through identity politics.