Thread: Oh for the record.Last night's University Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I got the one about the Curragh.
    What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    What was the question?
    Well it can only have been about the mutiny, the racecourse or the military prison, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well it can only have been about the mutiny, the racecourse or the military prison, surely?
    It could have been a music question.

Either way I suspect Pedro guessed and got lucky.

It could have been a music question.

Either way I suspect Pedro guessed and got lucky.
    I do know a fair bit about Irish history and have spent a lot of time in Kildare.

So no, I didnt get lucky.

I do know a fair bit about Irish history and have spent a lot of time in Kildare.

So no, I didnt get lucky.
    Probably know more than I do to be fair.

Probably know more than I do to be fair.
    I didnt spend time in Kildare entirely through choice, before anyone points out that it is pretty ****ing dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    THe mutiny.

They answered Wexford having been told in the question that it was in Kildare

THe mutiny.

They answered Wexford having been told in the question that it was in Kildare
    Even I knew that, and I've spent a lifetime purposely avoiding reading or hearing anything that refers to Irish history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Even I knew that, and I've spent a lifetime purposely avoiding reading or hearing anything that refers to Irish history.
    And my interest in Irish history is largely based on 18th and 19th century. I know nothing of the Curragh mutiny other than that it happened at the Curragh and the Curragh is in Kildare.

And my interest in Irish history is largely based on 18th and 19th century. I know nothing of the Curragh mutiny other than that it happened at the Curragh and the Curragh is in Kildare.
    It was British and Anglo-Irish officers who were signalling their refusal to put down the UVF's effective insurrection in the north, p. Which was a bit treasonous of them, but sort of understandable.