Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I didnt watch it but I have seen the highlights. It seems that if you field your best eleven and ask them to put some serious effort in you can achieve some pleasing results.

I wonder if we will continue this experiment, or was it just a special event for the North London derby?

If I may allow myself one tiny moan. Well, actually, two or three. Five, in total.

THe constant whining about the free kick got on my nerves a little. Firstly, its a free kick- not a penalty, not a guy clean through on goal, not a free hit. A free kick 30 yards out. Defend it and shut up. It is not, of itself, a game changing moment.

Secondly, Dean clearly indicates that he gave it for some kind of shirt-pulling/ holding att he shoulder, by tapping his shoulder repeatedly and tugging at it. So why did the pundits keep re running the second part, the actual tackle, and saying 'I cant see a foul there'.

THirdly, Mustafi is not 'clearly offside'. If he is offside at all it is by an inch at shoulder. So marginal as to fall under serious doubt.

Fourthly, Lacazette is not offside for the second goal. THere is no debate, nor controversy. He is onside.

Finally, why was Pocchetino moaning about Xhaka getting a second yellow? I saw no such incident.
    And you haven't mentioned that weasel Dean giving a foul against Ozil when the defender fell over that prevented a 2 v 1 inside their box.

I used a bad word about him in front of my son.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And you haven't mentioned that weasel Dean giving a foul against Ozil when the defender fell over that prevented a 2 v 1 inside their box.

I used a bad word about him in front of my son.
    Eric Dier gave an interview after the game where he spoke at length about how impossible it is to get something from a game like this when the ref keeps making mistakes against you. At the end he said 'but we are not looking to make any excuses'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Eric Dier gave an interview after the game where he spoke at length about how impossible it is to get something from a game like this when the ref keeps making mistakes against you. At the end he said 'but we are not looking to make any excuses'
    I saw that. Given the absolute state of his head and his profound stupidity and inarticulacy, are we sure Eric Dier isn't actually subnormal?