Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :shrug: Bread Sauce..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    It doesn't seem to be all that exotic except for the cloves, which would seem to be an odd taste to go with turkey. Are any other spices or herbs allowed like rosemary, thyme, etc.? I'm assuming a good quality white bread?
    The quality of the bread doesn’t matter at all, since you’re only going to boil it in milk, tbh.

And cloves are essential. The milk takes the harshness away and leaves them as a background flavour.

I wouldn’t try messing with other flavours at this stage, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The quality of the bread doesn’t matter at all, since you’re only going to boil it in milk, tbh.

And cloves are essential. The milk takes the harshness away and leaves them as a background flavour.

I wouldn’t try messing with other flavours at this stage, chief.
    Allrighty, then. I'm going to give it a go. Will report back on the results, feedback, usage. Hey, pretty cheap. what could it hurt? Besides, the authorized 'gravy maker' in our family is terrible! She says, "that's the only thing I can do" and we haven't the heart to tell her that she can't do that either!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Allrighty, then. I'm going to give it a go. Will report back on the results, feedback, usage. Hey, pretty cheap. what could it hurt? Besides, the authorized 'gravy maker' in our family is terrible! She says, "that's the only thing I can do" and we haven't the heart to tell her that she can't do that either!
    It's no substitute for gravy. It's a sort of additional side dish of lumps. Lumps of bread boiled in milk. Pap, like babies eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's no substitute for gravy. It's a sort of additional side dish of lumps. Lumps of bread boiled in milk. Pap, like babies eat.
    Agreed on the gravy thing. Mind you, the yanqui have some extremely odd ideas about gravy.

Agreed on the gravy thing. Mind you, the yanqui have some extremely odd ideas about gravy.
    Although Colonel Sanders knows his gravy

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Although Colonel Sanders knows his gravy
    I’ve heard how they make KFC gravy, psrb. It’s not good.

I’ve heard how they make KFC gravy, psrb. It’s not good.
    Is it from the same sauces that say they use chicken with no beaks?

Bread sauce is fúcking rank.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Bread sauce is fúcking rank.
    Concise,accurate and needed said

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Concise,accurate and needed said
    It looks like baby boke as well.

I was thinking of maybe becoming a food and restaurant critic in 2018.