Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apu off the Simpsons is racist, apparently.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Everything is racist.

Look at Coco Pops. They are just 'blacked up' rice crispies. Why do they think they are going to get away with stuff like this? Its disgusting.....
    Coco Pops are fvcking rank and I don't care if saying that makes me racist. Tell you what I liked - Ricicles. Basically rice crispies, but coated with lovely, lovely sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Coco Pops are fvcking rank and I don't care if saying that makes me racist. Tell you what I liked - Ricicles. Basically rice crispies, but coated with lovely, lovely sugar.
    You seem to be forgetting Golden Nuggets.

If I didn't have my milkphobia, I'd definitely eat Golden Nuggets every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You seem to be forgetting Golden Nuggets.

If I didn't have my milkphobia, I'd definitely eat Golden Nuggets every day.
    God, but we ate so much sugar back in the day, didn't we? Orange squash, biscuits, cereal, sweets. And I was as thin as a rake as a kid, believe it or not.

Of course, this may explain why I barely have a fully-functioning tooth in my head, but there we are.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-15-2017 at 11:34 AM.

God, but we ate so much sugar back in the day, didn't we? Orange squash, biscuits, cereal, sweets. And I was as thin as a rake as a kid, believe it or not.

Of course, this may explain why I barely have a fully-functioning tooth in my head, of course, but there we are.
    It seemed entirely normal to have three sugars in your tea. No one batted an eyelid. I suppose for the generation who lived through rationing, the sudden availability of sugar must have sent them into a frenzy...

It seemed entirely normal to have three sugars in your tea. No one batted an eyelid. I suppose for the generation who lived through rationing, the sudden availability of sugar must have sent them into a frenzy...
    I basically survived on sugar sandwiches

I think we've always been mad for it, tbh. The war was just a brief hiatus in our love for the stuff. I suppose it being the foundation stone of our bluewater empire probably helped in this regard.

My day used to have about five. Or six if he thought no-one was looking. That fact that the tea was at sucrose saturation level and no more would desolve was no deterrent.

I used to sneak sugar sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My day used to have about five. Or six if he thought no-one was looking. That fact that the tea was at sucrose saturation level and no more would desolve was no deterrent.

I used to sneak sugar sandwiches.
    From my youth in England I seem to recall something called 'Brighton Rock' or somesuch?

It was an enormous cylinder of rock hard sugar that required you to break it into pieces and then suck on it. As I recall, it tasted of nothing but sugar.

Even as a child I struggled to understand the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    From my youth in England I seem to recall something called 'Brighton Rock' or somesuch?

It was an enormous cylinder of rock hard sugar that required you to break it into pieces and then suck on it. As I recall, it tasted of nothing but sugar.

Even as a child I struggled to understand the attraction.
    Just rock - although I guess if you bought it in Brighton it would be Brighton rock. Most seaside places would have it. My Great Uncle Jimmy had a sweet factory in Cork, where we used to go every summer and watch all the goodies being made. The raw goo that became rock was basically like crack

I agree, I liked Ricicles.

I understand they got in trouble for a recent advert because their characters (basically rice crispies) lacked diversity, being all white. So they put in a brown looking one and made him the janitor