Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Reduced drinking update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    But one of the joys of reducing your drinking significantly is having the odd cheeky cheat night and enjoying it tremendously.

I think you need to be less strict with yourself, Charles and sneak in a few G&Ts or glasses of fine red every now and then.

I really do enjoy alcohol more now that I drink less, if you see what I mean.
    My contention would be that anyone who can 'sneak in a few G&Ts or glasses of fine red' and be happy with that level of consumption doesn't really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My contention would be that anyone who can 'sneak in a few G&Ts or glasses of fine red' and be happy with that level of consumption doesn't really get it.
    I would disagree with your contention. Alcohol should be enjoyed on multiple levels; not only the steam in and get trolleyed situation, but the gentle enjoyment of a few pints or glasses over several hours. As an example, I take my son to the pub at 12pm every Sunday (training, I refer to it as), he has two pints of coke, I have 2-3 pints of ale and we share a large plate of chips. Upon returning to Chez WES, I have no desire for more alcohol. I kip on the couch, a book in front of the fire in the kitchen, either of these nicely finish off the experience.

You, as I recall, have Irish blood, however.
    Last edited by World's End Stella; 11-14-2017 at 02:26 PM.

I would disagree with your contention. Alcohol should be enjoyed on multiple levels; not only the steam in and get trolleyed situation, but the gentle enjoyment of a few pints or glasses over several hours. As an example, I take my son to the pub at 12pm every Sunday (training, I refer to it as), he has two pints of coke, I have 2-3 pints of ale and we share a large plate of chips. Upon returning to Chez WES, I have no desire for more alcohol. I kip in the couch, a book in front of the fire in the kitchen, either of these nicely finish off the experience.

The fact that you think that ‘getting trolleyed’ and ‘gentle enjoyment’ are the two parameters of drinking is rather the point. You don’t get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The fact that you think that ‘getting trolleyed’ and ‘gentle enjoyment’ are the two parameters of drinking is rather the point. You don’t get it.
    I used those two only as examples. There are many others.

Although I would agree that I have no idea what you're on about.

I would disagree with your contention. Alcohol should be enjoyed on multiple levels; not only the steam in and get trolleyed situation, but the gentle enjoyment of a few pints or glasses over several hours. As an example, I take my son to the pub at 12pm every Sunday (training, I refer to it as), he has two pints of coke, I have 2-3 pints of ale and we share a large plate of chips. Upon returning to Chez WES, I have no desire for more alcohol. I kip on the couch, a book in front of the fire in the kitchen, either of these nicely finish off the experience.

Not you as well ffs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not you as well ffs!!!
    ffs indeed...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”