Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I have returned from India with my bowels in full working order

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He favours 'resorts' in the UAE

Point of order though, just because we have an ignorant chav class (including immigrant Canadians) who are as thick as pigshít, describing 'this island' as 'backward' seems harsh.
    Also, I'm not sure that suggesting those whose only refuge from the relentless ghastliness of everyday life is a sort of stoic/ascetic mysticism or children consigned to grinding poverty as exemplars of all that's best about India is exactly convincing me of its merits, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And your list of more beautiful stations than VT includes? Kipling's dad did the carvings on the inside.

But India is the Indians. Anyone who doesn't get it has no soul. Go and hang out with some sadhus or street kids. **** sight more fun that this backward little island. Can't wait to get back.
    No Irish bars then?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No Irish bars then?
    Talking of which, they're opening a new Crikey O'Reilly's near me, sw. It's called 'The Quiet Man'

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fúck me, I don't think there is even a Quiet Man pub in Cong which at least could be used to fleece half pint caressing Americans.
    I was in Cong last year SW...place has gone full on Quiet Man since i was last there only a few years back..sad seens

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ave some of that, Dutchie.

India - what a f*cking dump. Can Indians not actually plan anything? Every part of it seems to have grown organically and as a result you get a load of building sites, some rubbish others not, surrounded by a load of shanty shops, some rubbish, others not. Garbage everywhere, traffic everywhere, pollution everywhere. What a dump.

Lovely people all right, they seem very happy and genuine. Although how anyone can be happy living in that dump is beyond me, and quite why anyone would ever want to visit it given how many other wonderfully interesting and civilized parts of the world there are I will never understand.

Having said that, I quite enjoyed my trip and will look forward to returning to see the lovely people. India, less so.
    Why the fvck would you go to that place? Business I suppose? I don't like Indians except that I will concede some Indian girls have fine, swelling bosoms.