Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I have returned from India with my bowels in full working order

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I put it to you that you would be less willing to overlook the grinding poverty, dead kids, street cràpping, etc in a less 'exotic' locale.

Are you not indulging in the soft bigotry of low expectations here?
    Eh? What utter fúcktardery is this now? We're not talking about Croydon now, old chap. India is a more 'exotic' locale. Things are different. That's not to say that there aren't shítholes to be seen; I've been in duty, shítty burgs all over the third world thinking 'what the fúck am I doing here?' but scratching the surface of such environments inevitably (often?) broadens the mind, brings one closer to a true comprehension of the universe and soothes the aching chakras.

That, in fact, is your issue. Your chakras are fúcked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Eh? What utter fúcktardery is this now? We're not talking about Croydon now, old chap. India is a more 'exotic' locale. Things are different. That's not to say that there aren't shítholes to be seen; I've been in duty, shítty burgs all over the third world thinking 'what the fúck am I doing here?' but scratching the surface of such environments inevitably (often?) broadens the mind, brings one closer to a true comprehension of the universe and soothes the aching chakras.

That, in fact, is your issue. Your chakras are fúcked.
    Yes, but I do wonder if our somewhat mystical, exoticised view of the place means we let Johnny Indian off the hook a bit for the utter fücking state of the place. Oughtn't we to be saying that perhaps he ought to think a bit less about his chakras and a bit more about not taking a dump in the street?

Yes, but I do wonder if our somewhat mystical, exoticised view of the place means we let Johnny Indian off the hook a bit for the utter fücking state of the place. Oughtn't we to be saying that perhaps he ought to think a bit less about his chakras and a bit more about not taking a dump in the street?
    Street shítting is a cultural oddity and is something that the Indian government and vast swathes of the population are actually addressing now. On the other hand I'm not sure we ought to be saying anything about it. If Johnny Indian wants to shít in the street and consider his chakras, who the hell are we to tell him what to do?

None of which is relevant to my point, which is that 'different' does not mean the same as 'wrong. I find these places where things are 'different' interesting. This, apparently, makes me weird.

Could I make you happy by only going on holiday to Magaluf and only eating in English restaurants?

Street shítting is a cultural oddity and is something that the Indian government and vast swathes of the population are actually addressing now. On the other hand I'm not sure we ought to be saying anything about it. If Johnny Indian wants to shít in the street and consider his chakras, who the hell are we to tell him what to do?

None of which is relevant to my point, which is that 'different' does not mean the same as 'wrong. I find these places where things are 'different' interesting. This, apparently, makes me weird.

Could I make you happy by only going on holiday to Magaluf and only eating in English restaurants?
    Who are we to tell him what to do?! We're Englishmen, dammit! And, as such, his betters.

Pinko talk like that is exactly the sort of thing that lost us the empire.

I'm starting to have my doubts about you

Who are we to tell him what to do?! We're Englishmen, dammit! And, as such, his betters.

Pinko talk like that is exactly the sort of thing that lost us the empire.

I'm starting to have my doubts about you
    You can **** in the street but you cant have a fag afterwards. That is a country that has its legislative agenda slightly arse about face.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You can **** in the street but you cant have a fag afterwards. That is a country that has its legislative agenda slightly arse about face.

Quite literally imo.

Far be it from me to judge any man but I am not sure one can just dismiss, or excuse perhaps, the concept of street shítting as a "cultural oddity".

Can they not carry little bags like dog owners*?

*dirty bástárds

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Far be it from me to judge any man but I am not sure one can just dismiss, or excuse perhaps, the concept of street shítting as a "cultural oddity".

Can they not carry little bags like dog owners*?

*dirty bástárds
    I just can't imagine one can derive much enjoyment from a hastily coiled-down street poo, sw. And what do you wipe with?

All in all, unlike Sir C, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of street-shítting.

I just can't imagine one can derive much enjoyment from a hastily coiled-down street poo, sw. And what do you wipe with?

All in all, unlike Sir C, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of street-shítting.
    I find the whole thing quite disturbing.

Here we have a man, part Dutch and part Irish but masquerading as an English gentleman, a man who proclaims to like the finer things in life, a man who will openly lecture others on issues of courtesy, manners and protocol.

Yet he is a man who is defending, championing even, street shítting.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I find the whole thing quite disturbing.

Here we have a man, part Dutch and part Irish but masquerading as an English gentleman, a man who proclaims to like the finer things in life, a man who will openly lecture others on issues of courtesy, manners and protocol.

Yet he is a man who is defending, championing even, street shítting.
    Yes. Mind you, I have known him to pïss on a roundabout, so the signs were there if we'd been looking for them.

The advocacy - even love - for street-shîtting is a new low, though. I'd hoped it would never come to this.