Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Old school poll, Awimb: I’m In the pub. Going up for a pint now (Aspall’s cider,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh, was there a stout, yoemanly salt & vinegar under all that pretence? I missed it, blinded by foodw@nkery.
    There was also a ready salted masquerading as ‘Sea Salt’

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There was also a ready salted masquerading as ‘Sea Salt’
    But sea salt is better than salt. and cider vinegar adds additional flavor to regular vinegar, more depth.

I know people like you and Ash hate change/progress with a burning passion, but the reality is that sea salt and cider vinegar crisps are a massive improvement on the traditional version.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    But sea salt is better than salt. and cider vinegar adds additional flavor to regular vinegar, more depth.

I know people like you and Ash hate change/progress with a burning passion, but the reality is that sea salt and cider vinegar crisps are a massive improvement on the traditional version.

Salt is salt is salt. It's all sodium bleeding chloride, mate. Just bigger crystals ground down to the same powder they spray over the crisps. Acetic acid tastes pretty similar whether it comes from apples or grapes. FWIW cider vinegar was the only vinegar on the shelf back in the day anyway, so I doubt Smiths Crisps used something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Salt is salt is salt. It's all sodium bleeding chloride, mate. Just bigger crystals ground down to the same powder they spray over the crisps. Acetic acid tastes pretty similar whether it comes from apples or grapes. FWIW cider vinegar was the only vinegar on the shelf back in the day anyway, so I doubt Smiths Crisps used something different.
    Well everyone is entitled to an opinion.

If you think sea salt and standard table salt taste the same I would suggest your taste buds need recalibrating. The same is true of cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, red wine vinegar and regular old vinegar as well.