Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Really I think this whole feminist push reflects an anxiety that pretty soon sex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its a training session, organised by HR. The normal process is for you to be patronised by a female member of staff.

I went to a compulsory one on ethnicity and walked out half way through saying that I refused to be lectured on ethnic diversity by an organisation whose senior management was about as diverse as a Mayflower reunion.

Here's what I don't understand, p: what is so inherently good about diversity? What intrinsic virtue does it have?

I don't look at the Indian Parliament and think 'Blimey, but there's a lot of Indians in there. Where are all the black, white and yellow faces?' Nobody does. And yet we are encouraged to see it as a virtue in and of itself. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Here's what I don't understand, p: what is so inherently good about diversity? What intrinsic virtue does it have?

I don't look at the Indian Parliament and think 'Blimey, but there's a lot of Indians in there. Where are all the black, white and yellow faces?' Nobody does. And yet we are encouraged to see it as a virtue in and of itself. Why?
    There is nothing inherently good about diversity, other han possibly variety of food and beer.

THere is nothing inherently wrong with it either but the fact is that in Britain it has created a multitude of problems and hasn't solved any. It has been a challenge with no verifiable reward (beyond food).

I quite like it, and it doesnt really create problems for me. But that is me. It clearly creates problems for plenty of other people (verifiable problems with material consequences for public services, employment, housing etc) and is therefore not entirely a great thing.

But you cant say that. We must also celebrate it.

What is really wrong with saying that you dislike the challenges it presents without even remotely disliking any of the people or groups involved? Plenty, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    There is nothing inherently good about diversity, other han possibly variety of food and beer.

THere is nothing inherently wrong with it either but the fact is that in Britain it has created a multitude of problems and hasn't solved any. It has been a challenge with no verifiable reward (beyond food).

I quite like it, and it doesnt really create problems for me. But that is me. It clearly creates problems for plenty of other people (verifiable problems with material consequences for public services, employment, housing etc) and is therefore not entirely a great thing.

But you cant say that. We must also celebrate it.

What is really wrong with saying that you dislike the challenges it presents without even remotely disliking any of the people or groups involved? Plenty, apparently.
    All sounds like utter bollócks to me.

I am glad I work in an organisation where to the best of my knowledge we don't even pretend to pay lip service to this utter nonsense.