Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So Her Majesty will no longer be laying a wreath at the Cenotaph due to age and

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    infirmity. Sad seens imo.

Although apparently, being an increasingly frail 91 year-old woman isn't a good enough excuse for this rampant prick.

DL7RXJWXcAAOIG3.jpg-large.jpg
    Political Editor for The Sun.

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

I think his newspaper is big on the whole Remembrance thing, the poppy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

Perhaps so, but it's also very pro-Her Maj. Either way, his tweet went down like a cup of cold sick and he deleted it amidst everyone telling him what a cùnt he is.

Perhaps so, but it's also very pro-Her Maj. Either way, his tweet went down like a cup of cold sick and he deleted it amidst everyone telling him what a cùnt he is.
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Good
    I take it your paths have crossed, then, la?

I take it your paths have crossed, then, la?
    Actually no - just thought the tweet was reprehensible (and I am no royalist)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actually no - just thought the tweet was reprehensible (and I am no royalist)
    The thing that was particularly reprehensible (and funny) was that he was trying to be holier-than-thou about it to The Queen, a woman who served in the war whose record of public service (whatever you may think of the monarchy) is pretty much irreproachable.

Cünt.

The thing that was particularly reprehensible (and funny) was that he was trying to be holier-than-thou about it to The Queen, a woman who served in the war whose record of public service (whatever you may think of the monarchy) is pretty much irreproachable.

Cünt.
    I've hated all tabloid journalists since that episode of Morse where that **** was nasty to Morse.

I must say, Chief Superintendent Strange wasn't as supportive as he might have been.

Cünt.
    Apart from being vicious, nasty and spectacularly ill-judged, the whole "I'm a loyal subject" thing he starts with is the kind of pomposity that turns some of us off about royalism in the first place. And he's clearly not that much of a loyal subject given what he goes on to say about a frail old lady, he's an unpleasant, self-important little cùnt.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Au contraire - his predecessor (minus one, I think) Trevor Kavanagh was a highly respected and influential journalist - arguably more so than his broadsheet contemporaries. Have to admit I haven't heard of this **** but was quite glad to find when googling him that his middle name is Zoltan.