Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People caught up in terrorist attacks who whip out their phones to film it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I cant think of any situation where my initial response would be to film it. I am not sure I have ever bothered filming anything.
    I bet you have filmed Springsteen at the live event.

You are the type.

In theory you need shot, but I don't wish this on you.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I bet you have filmed Springsteen at the live event.

You are the type.

In theory you need shot, but I don't wish this on you.
    Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.

Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.
    The E Street Band in full flow is 'not a visual spectacle'?

You're clearly mentally diseased, and quite possibly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The E Street Band in full flow is 'not a visual spectacle'?

You're clearly mentally diseased, and quite possibly dangerous.
    Not really, no. Then again, I am always miles from the stage so I am looking at black dots.

Its still old men playing instruments.

Not really, no. Then again, I am always miles from the stage so I am looking at black dots.

Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

For you I can prescribe two possible cures for your ailments:

1. An exorcism.
    2. Death.

Choose wisely.

Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

1. An exorcism.
    2. Death.

Choose wisely.
    Stop being such a silly old fool.

The point is that the visual spectacle is deliberately reduced so as not to detract from the narrative. Hence there is pretty much no light show, a plain black backdrop and most of the band dress in black or a dark colour. It isn't like a Pink Floyd gig is it.

This is the show. It is there to be felt, listened to and experienced. It isn't something to gawp at and take endless photos.

Anyway, the camera on my phone is a bit ****.

Stop being such a silly old fool.

The point is that the visual spectacle is deliberately reduced so as not to detract from the narrative. Hence there is pretty much no light show, a plain black backdrop and most of the band dress in black or a dark colour. It isn't like a Pink Floyd gig is it.

This is the show. It is there to be felt, listened to and experienced. It isn't something to gawp at and take endless photos.

Anyway, the camera on my phone is a bit ****.
    'The narrative', indeed!

1. An exorcism.
    2. Death.

Choose wisely.
    Your passionate defence of yer man there against all slights reminds me of Nicos defending The Arsenal, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Your passionate defence of yer man there against all slights reminds me of Nicos defending The Arsenal, my friend.
    Are you saying you know better than Mr Wenger, my friend?

Jesus wept.

We are both aware that up to now I have had little respect for your musical views and inputs, now you are just dead to me.