Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tom Petty gone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I didn't say it detracted from his music, just that it makes his wild west obsession seem a bit odd.
    You attacked his authenticity, b. For many that would detract from the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You attacked his authenticity, b. For many that would detract from the music.
    For cùnts it might. I'm an adult and have long since realised that 'authenticity' is a childish snare and a delusion. The idea of 'authenticity' in pop music is so absurd as to be funny, in fact. Do these people think less of Adam Ant because he wasn't really a pirate?

For cùnts it might. I'm an adult and have long since realised that 'authenticity' is a childish snare and a delusion. The idea of 'authenticity' in pop music is so absurd as to be funny, in fact. Do these people think less of Adam Ant because he wasn't really a pirate?
    Agreed. However...... there is perhaps a higher standard when one writes songs as a vehicle for social change. In the same way, I care little if a politician wishes to spend an evening with coke and hoookers. If he spends his working day lecturing the rest of us on family values and drug law then I have a bit of an issue with it.

As I say, with Dylan is really doesnt matter at all. Did you see the fuss people made when they realised that Billy Bragg lives in a fairly large house?

... he wasn't really a pirate?
    Wasn't he?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wasn't he?
    He had two drummers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The current live ensemble for a very well-known and widely respected musical artist includes two drummers though one focuses more on percussion instruments other than drums as you and I would know them.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The current live ensemble for a very well-known and widely respected musical artist includes two drummers though one focuses more on percussion instruments other than drums as you and I would know them.
    That'd be Snowboy, I suppose?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Exactly. And if that isn't pirate behaviour, I'm sure I don't know what is.

Tom Petty live

This was supposed to be a Tom Petty thread. What the **** has gone on?
    I for one am a big fan. Enjoy.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/tom-petty-performs-with-bob-dylan-axl-rose-stevie-nicks-w506797/swingin-1999-w506804

Quote Originally Posted by dismalswamp View Post
    This was supposed to be a Tom Petty thread. What the **** has gone on?
    AWIMB doesn't work like that, Dismal.

Someone posts a thread about something, and people post on it what they are going to have for dinner, what's going on in other sports they like, and engaging in petty feuding.