Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Ben Stokes fight video....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well I’m sure we can all agree that the ECB have a lot on their plate at the moment. Perhaps it would be wise to wait until after The Ashes to start a disciplinary hearing.
    They will wait until after the likely court case.... they can't do anything before that happens.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They will wait until after the likely court case.... they can't do anything before that happens.
    I think we need to appeal to the better nature of the people that were being punched. Hopefully they're cricket fans and decide not to press charges as they'd be to the detriment of the English cricket team.

I think we need to appeal to the better nature of the people that were being punched. Hopefully they're cricket fans and decide not to press charges as they'd be to the detriment of the English cricket team.
    They might not have a choice if the police deem it serious enough
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Highly unlikely Dickie .. the fella will doubtless smell a very large chunk of compensation.
    He's unlikely to get it if he was the one who was doing the attacking in the first place.

The focus of a compo claim tends to be rather narrow though. The case for damages

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's unlikely to get it if he was the one who was doing the attacking in the first place.
    here will be based on injuries sustained, time off work, the appalling and dreadful psychological damage his doctors will doubtless attest to.

If the claimant has attacked someone else that is a different case. Stokes is in trouble here methinks. The most pressing question is, can we win the Ashes without him

here will be based on injuries sustained, time off work, the appalling and dreadful psychological damage his doctors will doubtless attest to.

If the claimant has attacked someone else that is a different case. Stokes is in trouble here methinks. The most pressing question is, can we win the Ashes without him
    Oh, I don't think we'll win the Ashes anyway. Not over there.

If the lad wants money it can be resolved quite easily......