Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not really sure why everyone's acting all shocked about the AfD gains in Germany.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was in Rostock last week and, simply by seeing the amount of support in the form of posters and graffiti there it was clear they were going to make hay. No surprise, either, that they did better in the poorer and less squeamish former GDR than in the wealthier, more liberal west.

It's almost as if unilaterally inviting a few million young, unemployed immigrant men into your country is going to produce a backlash, isn't it? Who'd have thought, eh?
    when I think AFD I think

wrong place
    Last edited by Herbert Augustus Chapman; 09-25-2017 at 09:52 AM.

I was in Rostock last week and, simply by seeing the amount of support in the form of posters and graffiti there it was clear they were going to make hay. No surprise, either, that they did better in the poorer and less squeamish former GDR than in the wealthier, more liberal west.

It's almost as if unilaterally inviting a few million young, unemployed immigrant men into your country is going to produce a backlash, isn't it? Who'd have thought, eh?
    This news item was tailor-made for you, wasn't it? Thank you, German elections.

And yet, when you look at Germany, this whole immigrant crisis has been a net gain for them. *They are no longer the international pariah; they've behaved well, with humanitarian concern. It means that they have moral superiority again, which is something they've lacked for seventy years. Unfortunately, my good old US of A has sacrificed hers. We're the would-be Nazis, unfort. We lose, the Germans gain. You British also lose with your Brexit, I expect. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    This news item was tailor-made for you, wasn't it? Thank you, German elections.

And yet, when you look at Germany, this whole immigrant crisis has been a net gain for them. *They are no longer the international pariah; they've behaved well, with humanitarian concern. It means that they have moral superiority again, which is something they've lacked for seventy years. Unfortunately, my good old US of A has sacrificed hers. We're the would-be Nazis, unfort. We lose, the Germans gain. You British also lose with your Brexit, I expect. :-/
    You have literally no idea of what's going on in Germany as a result of Merkel's decision, do you? A nation that had no terrorism problem has now imported one; it has lost roughly half a million of these migrants and has literally no idea where they now are;most of them are unemployed and a massive burden on the resources and infrastructure of the country; the country is suffering a spike in violent crime - particularly sex crime - that is unprecedented in its history and every town centre is full of hordes of middle Eastern/North African men in large, intimidating groups; and, of course, having taking this monumentally stupid step unilaterally, Germany has tried to force other EU states to take some of these people. Understandably, many have told them to fùck off and sort out their own mess.

That's why millions of people are suddenly voting for the only party on the ticket that actually acknowledges that there's a problem - let alone plans to do do anything about it. Merkel's idiocy made this election result happen. If you think that gives her or Germany any moral superiority, you're deluded. As for the whole thing being a 'net gain', the idea is laughable. Even Merkel has admitted she regrets it, ffs!

And we've established already that you have barely even the most rudimentary idea of what Brexit is, what it actually means or the reasons behind it, so kindly forbear from pontificating on the subject.

You have literally no idea of what's going on in Germany as a result of Merkel's decision, do you? A nation that had no terrorism problem has now imported one; it has lost roughly half a million of these migrants and has literally no idea where they now are;most of them are unemployed and a massive burden on the resources and infrastructure of the country; the country is suffering a spike in violent crime - particularly sex crime - that is unprecedented in its history and every town centre is full of hordes of middle Eastern/North African men in large, intimidating groups; and, of course, having taking this monumentally stupid step unilaterally, Germany has tried to force other EU states to take some of these people. Understandably, many have told them to fùck off and sort out their own mess.

That's why millions of people are suddenly voting for the only party on the ticket that actually acknowledges that there's a problem - let alone plans to do do anything about it. Merkel's idiocy made this election result happen. If you think that gives her or Germany any moral superiority, you're deluded. As for the whole thing being a 'net gain', the idea is laughable. Even Merkel has admitted she regrets it, ffs!

And we've established already that you have barely even the most rudimentary idea of what Brexit is, what it actually means or the reasons behind it, so kindly forbear from pontificating on the subject.
    I do know that the Germans took a hit as far as the world's perception of them when they decided to kill 6 million Jews, et al. After that, they were concerned to repair their reputation but found it rather difficult for a solid 70 years. It's easier to be xenophobic than it is to be tolerant, which is why nations get credit for being tolerant. Germany took a hit, sure, but it's still extremely well off. It also can be proud of itself for doing something magnanimous.

And here's the thing: where does xenophobia end? It just continues to spiral. Here we have this maniac of a president who tears into everything. But I think he's going down by taking on NFL football. Because that there's our national entertainment, and you don't fvck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    I do know that the Germans took a hit as far as the world's perception of them when they decided to kill 6 million Jews, et al. After that, they were concerned to repair their reputation but found it rather difficult for a solid 70 years. It's easier to be xenophobic than it is to be tolerant, which is why nations get credit for being tolerant. Germany took a hit, sure, but it's still extremely well off. It also can be proud of itself for doing something magnanimous.

And here's the thing: where does xenophobia end? It just continues to spiral. Here we have this maniac of a president who tears into everything. But I think he's going down by taking on NFL football. Because that there's our national entertainment, and you don't fvck with that.
    You've literally just ignored everything Burney's written about the horrors taking place in Germany right now and the cause of it.

And while you're praising Germany for restoring their reputation after killing 6 million Jews, then imagine how German Jews feel about another far right party rising to (albeit modest) power.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You've literally just ignored everything Burney's written about the horrors taking place in Germany right now and the cause of it.

And while you're praising Germany for restoring their reputation after killing 6 million Jews, then imagine how German Jews feel about another far right party rising to (albeit modest) power.
    I think "albeit modest" is the key. People want to make money, and parliamentary centrism is the governmental form most conducive to that.

As for Germany, I was there -- recently. Berlin, Wolfsburg, Munich, Vienna, Sazburg, towns in and around. And I'm going back next week. There may be concentrations of immigrants, but I found that most places were not "overrun." This is just color reporting, whipping up hysteria. You can always point to some slimy, unkempt degenerate and generalize that into the rule. I have no doubt that some fvcked up **** happens, such as the Cologne sexual assaults of a few months ago. This is what police and security forces are for.

Crudely put: seventy years ago Germans killed off anybody who wasn't of their narrowly-defined ethnic background. Now we want to cry bloody murder when a few more darkies get in there? Uncool! If white Germans want to have more people they should have more white, nordic kids. Simple.

When a group of British rabbis visited Greek refugee camps, they were told to wear baseball caps over their kippahs. Otherwise they'd be attacked by the lovely refugees.

If I were a German Jew, I'd be far more scared of the refugees than AfD.

I doubt this bloke is particularly enlightened, but if someone is a **** to you and you respond with racist language towards them, I do think a certain amount of leeway should be allowed before you get branded a nazi.

Which is why I don't think half of awimb is racist even though it is a hive of anti-semitism. Basically, I'm asking for it.

Quite so. And just because you happen to be a bit racist, it doesn't mean you're necessarily a bad chap.

I doubt this bloke is particularly enlightened, but if someone is a **** to you and you respond with racist language towards them, I do think a certain amount of leeway should be allowed before you get branded a nazi.

Which is why I don't think half of awimb is racist even though it is a hive of anti-semitism. Basically, I'm asking for it.

Fair point. In this instance the video of him screaming abuse and spitting in a black photographers face whilst shouting 'National Front' was taken before the terrorist incident.

Even so..... handy guy to have around.