Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Not really sure why everyone's acting all shocked about the AfD gains in Germany.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"You were talking to one the other day"? I would have thought this kind of shabby

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The average middle-class German these days is pathetically desperate NOT to be be racist. They fall over themselves to be nice about migrants, even when they clearly know damn well that the whole thing was an unmitigated fùck up.

I was talking to one the other day and I said that, from the outside looking in, Merkel's decision looked crazy. He agreed that it was crazy, but that at the time he'd supported it because he'd liked the idea of Germany being seen as the good guy. They're all blackmailed by their history, basically.
    anecdotal evidence beneath you b. Anyone who didn't know you might think you were dabbling in dubious reportage.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    anecdotal evidence beneath you b. Anyone who didn't know you might think you were dabbling in dubious reportage.
    Eh? So I oughtn't to report a conversation I had with a German in Germany about Germany because it may not be representative of every single German?

Bòllocks.