Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Not really sure why everyone's acting all shocked about the AfD gains in Germany.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Similar to us. Post imperial guilt and all that.

Why are you spending so much time hanging out with the Hun?
    I have to go there on business more than I'd like. It's alright, but I do find it hard to warm to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I have to go there on business more than I'd like. It's alright, but I do find it hard to warm to them.
    The beer is good. I had to go to a lunch with 12 of them once in Berlin. They are not funny. I find this very difficult to deal with.

I hate eating with people at the best of times but this was torture. One of them told a racist joke that I still don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The beer is good. I had to go to a lunch with 12 of them once in Berlin. They are not funny. I find this very difficult to deal with.

I hate eating with people at the best of times but this was torture. One of them told a racist joke that I still don't understand.
    The beer is good, but all the pilsener basically tastes the same due to having identical ingredients. And I can't stand Weissbier or dunkelbier. For that reason, I tend to get bored of German beer fairly quickly.

The Germans do have a sense of humour, but it's not exactly subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The beer is good, but all the pilsener basically tastes the same due to having identical ingredients. And I can't stand Weissbier or dunkelbier. For that reason, I tend to get bored of German beer fairly quickly.

The Germans do have a sense of humour, but it's not exactly subtle.
    Weissbier is pretty much the only type of beer that I genuinely like the taste of