Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Can anyone confirm if it's true that Il Bacio has closed down?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Hope so, it was pretty **** and more importantly, it represented a decay in the match day experience of the time.

There was a time when it was all blokes in the Woodbine getting hammered and talking rubbish about the football (mostly Anaconda, of course) which was a proper pre-match experience.

Then certain people began inviting their birds along and the next thing you know half the people are sat in a dodgy Italian ordering risotto.

It was the beginning of the end imo.
    Don't worry, WES. We could still hear what you were saying from the other side of the Blackstock Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't worry, WES. We could still hear what you were saying from the other side of the Blackstock Road.

If you were honest, Burney, you would admit that every minute in Il Bacio was a minute not in the pub and it irked you.

I know this because you told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

If you were honest, Burney, you would admit that every minute in Il Bacio was a minute not in the pub and it irked you.

I know this because you told me so.
    It did sometimes because I'd just be getting a nice hangover-recovery buzz on and then have to decamp to the restaurant to eat food

However, this did probably save me from becoming extremely drunk pre-game. Indeed, I remember one such occasion where I did get absolutely broken at the Woodbine on a combination of no sleep, Sir C's medicaments and far, far too much ale and ended up staggering down the Blackstock Rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It did sometimes because I'd just be getting a nice hangover-recovery buzz on and then have to decamp to the restaurant to eat food

However, this did probably save me from becoming extremely drunk pre-game. Indeed, I remember one such occasion where I did get absolutely broken at the Woodbine on a combination of no sleep, Sir C's medicaments and far, far too much ale and ended up staggering down the Blackstock Rd.
    Why would you want to saved from that, Burney? Great days.

Plus, we all know what the problem is and what the solution is.

NWAF