Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C'mon out MONTY!!! We want to talk football with you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    There are many other clubs who have been perpetually unsuccessful for ten years or more, who have regularly changed their manager, and whose fans will often tell you that "nothing's changed" during that time.
    I am not sure there are actually. Certainly not clubs of our size. Even if there were, it doesn't really add much to the debate does it?

Anyway, I think my point was that we probably shouldn't be getting so upset about this type of chaos. We should be used to it and it is exactly why so many people want Wenger out. Essentially, I am sort of agreeing with you, in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am not sure there are actually. Certainly not clubs of our size. Even if there were, it doesn't really add much to the debate does it?

Anyway, I think my point was that we probably shouldn't be getting so upset about this type of chaos. We should be used to it and it is exactly why so many people want Wenger out. Essentially, I am sort of agreeing with you, in a way.
    Liverpool, Spurs?

Liverpool, Spurs?
    Spurs to some extent although they have currently solved the problem. It may well reappear.

Liverpool have come far closer than us to winning the league over the last 10 years. Not consistently good but rather silly to say that nothing had changed. It changed constantly.

Of course there are other ways to **** up, nobody is denying it. I think a few of us would even be happy to fail in a different way for a little while, just to make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Spurs to some extent although they have currently solved the problem. It may well reappear.

Liverpool have come far closer than us to winning the league over the last 10 years. Not consistently good but rather silly to say that nothing had changed. It changed constantly.

Of course there are other ways to **** up, nobody is denying it. I think a few of us would even be happy to fail in a different way for a little while, just to make it interesting.
    In other words, no club (whether they've stuck with the same manager or chopped and changed every year or two) has managed to successfully challenge the hegemony of clubs that have either been financially doped or have come from a historical base of being a far bigger and richer club.

In other words, no club (whether they've stuck with the same manager or chopped and changed every year or two) has managed to successfully challenge the hegemony of clubs that have either been financially doped or have come from a historical base of being a far bigger and richer club.
    As always, Leicester are the racially unacceptable term in this particular woodpile.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    As always, Leicester are the racially unacceptable term in this particular woodpile.
    One freak season doesn't count - everyone knows that. Almost as worthless as winning the FA fúcking Cup!

One freak season doesn't count - everyone knows that. Almost as worthless as winning the FA fúcking Cup!
    I wouldn't mind one freak season.

I didn't know Leicester was a race. It's racism gone mad, I tell you; everyone is trying to get in on it now
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

B. Dortmund and Atletico Madrid?

How is that relevant to the discussion, though? We are one of those historically big clubs not to mention being one of the ten richest clubs in the world.

So the relevant question is whether or not any of the other clubs in that bracket would accept the same manager failing consistently to challenge for, or win, the league for the same reasons over a ten year period without replacing him.

And I think the answer to that is a very clear 'no'.