Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blokes on moped mounted the curb and snatched the missus's phone this morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Rode off and gave her a cheery wave, the cheeky wee scamps.

Three police officers came round to do their thing. Turns out they are legally not allowed to chase people on bikes in case they fall off. Hence, an epidemic of phone snatchings across the capital.

Least it wasn't acid, 'spose. I'd have had to dump her.
    I don't want to appear insensitive but....Muslims??

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't want to appear insensitive but....Muslims??
    I wouldn't rule it out, but generally speaking muslims tend to use vehicles to mow down kafirs, not steal their phones.

I wouldn't rule it out, but generally speaking muslims tend to use vehicles to mow down kafirs, not steal their phones.
    Not in Malaysia. Modern, peace loving Malaysia. They love a bit of moped handbag theft. Has happened to two of my colleagues (female of course). Not pleasant. I imagine your better half is a tad shaken?

THat is as compassionate as I get, sorry.

Not in Malaysia. Modern, peace loving Malaysia. They love a bit of moped handbag theft. Has happened to two of my colleagues (female of course). Not pleasant. I imagine your better half is a tad shaken?

THat is as compassionate as I get, sorry.
    By the way, regarding your dismissal of Burney's point yesterday about demographics and how you "doubt they are going to run the show any time soon"......Currently the UK's Muslim population is multiplying 75% every 10 years and at that same rate the muslim population in the UK could be 26 million by 2050. (this is of course dependent on a number of variables, but that is the current trajectory).

By the way, regarding your dismissal of Burney's point yesterday about demographics and how you "doubt they are going to run the show any time soon"......Currently the UK's Muslim population is multiplying 75% every 10 years and at that same rate the muslim population in the UK could be 26 million by 2050. (this is of course dependent on a number of variables, but that is the current trajectory).
    Sure is a lot of muslims. You had better start learning how to get on with them hadn't you

Have you had a chance to listen to Sam's chat with Douglas Murray yet? Some interesting stuff. Sam comes across as a bit prissy at some points, but I'm used to that.

So those that don't fit your criteria are the exception rather than the rule?
    You took a small, largely secular, historically and geographically anomalous group - many of whom would barely be recognised as Muslim by their co-religionists - and held them up as exemplars of how well Islam and the modern world can work together. That was, to say the least, disingenuous of you. I was simply pointing out that disingenuousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You took a small, largely secular, historically and geographically anomalous group - many of whom would barely be recognised as Muslim by their co-religionists - and held them up as exemplars of how well Islam and the modern world can work together. That was, to say the least, disingenuous of you. I was simply pointing out that disingenuousness.

No, I didnt. As I said, the far larger muslim communities were pakistani and bangladeshi. The Turkish Cypriots barely registered. So that is neither fair nor accurate.

I could accuse you of using Bradford as an equally extreme example of how muslims cant integrate. Its pretty much the other end of the spectrum from Palmers Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Interestingly, the total muslim population of enfield, barnet and haringey combined is roughly the same as the muslim population in Bradford. Although that is according to the 2011 census. I assume they have at least doubled since then.

No, I didnt. As I said, the far larger muslim communities were pakistani and bangladeshi. The Turkish Cypriots barely registered. So that is neither fair nor accurate.

I could accuse you of using Bradford as an equally extreme example of how muslims cant integrate. Its pretty much the other end of the spectrum from Palmers Green.
    For Bradford, read Tower Hamets, Rotherham, Oxford, Luton, Rochdale, Leicester, etc, etc.

For Palmers Green read...Palmers Green.

That's the difference.