Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Blokes on moped mounted the curb and snatched the missus's phone this morning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Where did it happen Monty? I've seen this a few times around Angel and Clerkenwell recently.
    Yep, they come from Tottenham/Edmongton to middle class north London to prey on people who aren't used to interacting with black people and freeze in their presence.

The police told us they'd had 17 reports of stolen phones in 45 minutes around north London the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yep, they come from Tottenham/Edmongton to middle class north London to prey on people who aren't used to interacting with black people and freeze in their presence.

The police told us they'd had 17 reports of stolen phones in 45 minutes around north London the other day.
    The only sensible reaction to young black males in London is fear and suspicion, as Gavin de Becker could tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The only sensible reaction to young black males in London is fear and suspicion, as Gavin de Becker could tell you.
    There's a pwoper mental one who roams the streets of East Finchley. He prowls around wearing a baseball cap and a hoodie and looks scary as fúck, especially when he walks into the road and approaches your car when you're sitting in traffic. But then he raises his head and invariably has a massive gormless grin on his face. The first couple of times he does it you shít yourself, but then you realise he's just a harmless mentaller and you almost start to look forward to seeing him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I treat everyone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I treat everyone like that.
    Very wise. I've been reading 'The Gift of Fear' recently. It points out that our desire not to be seen as rude, anti-social or racist causes us to suppress and ignore our natural intuitions of fear and get us into terrible trouble - not least because these weaknesses are exploited by those most likely to harm us.
    Last edited by Burney; 08-22-2017 at 10:54 AM.