Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Peter, I know your interest in pursuing this conversation any further is limited,

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The great thing about North London Turks, such as those you grew up with, is that you can go for a beer with them. wd Ataturk. Shame Turkish secularism has just been batted back into the 20th century.

It really might help if contemporary liberalism wasn't so bleedin illiberal, of course. Free speech? LOOOOOOOL! Tolerance for different opinions? ROTFLMAO! and so on.

Shake we call it #fakeliberal?
    Ok, first of all the majority of those I grew up with were Turkish Cypriots- very different from your actual Turk, although the rule still applies. Great bunch of lads the Cypriots.

As I said, this has nothing whatsoever to do with liberalism in a british sense. It is adopting the American use. I never use it.

Gladstone would be turning in his grave.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok, first of all the majority of those I grew up with were Turkish Cypriots- very different from your actual Turk, although the rule still applies. Great bunch of lads the Cypriots.

As I said, this has nothing whatsoever to do with liberalism in a british sense. It is adopting the American use. I never use it.

Gladstone would be turning in his grave.
    Which were the ones that would sell you bottles of Efes in the early hours when all other avenues had been explored?

They were decent sorts. Wouldn't trust any of them of course.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Which were the ones that would sell you bottles of Efes in the early hours when all other avenues had been explored?

They were decent sorts. Wouldn't trust any of them of course.
    Those are the fellas. Cut your throat as soon as look at you. Very good barbers, though. Ironic, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Those are the fellas. Cut your throat as soon as look at you. Very good barbers, though. Ironic, that.
    Your throat, perhaps. Not mine. They loved me.

Those shops are all run by Poles now. The beer is better but the banter isn't great.