Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: You realise you could now be arrested for

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I have never done such a thing and would have no intention of doing so regardless on the legal position on the usage of such nomenclature.

Which law is this, anyway?
    Hate crime. The DPP is going to come down hard on those who dare express an opinion outwith allowable lefty groupthink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hate crime. The DPP is going to come down hard on those who dare express an opinion outwith allowable lefty groupthink.
    Don't be such a cynic. There's absolutely no way that any double standards will be applied when implementing this law, and any suggestion that leftist abuse will be largely ignored is simply paranoia on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Don't be such a cynic. There's absolutely no way that any double standards will be applied when implementing this law, and any suggestion that leftist abuse will be largely ignored is simply paranoia on your part.
    Thank God you've put my mind at ease there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Thank God you've put my mind at ease there.
    I would be a little more concerned about your words about the Irishman than those about the Jewish gentleman.

He keeps lists, you know.

I would be a little more concerned about your words about the Irishman than those about the Jewish gentleman.

Abusing Paddies must still be allowed, surely? They're usually too pissed to object, anyway.

Surely Irish heritage is a mitigating factor in defending against accusations of hate crime, a?

Also, the English are forever getting slagged off online. Can we all sue?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely Irish heritage is a mitigating factor in defending against accusations of hate crime, a?

Also, the English are forever getting slagged off online. Can we all sue?
    If your papers are in order you might be ok there, Mr O'Burney.

English are fair game. Punching up, innit.

If your papers are in order you might be ok there, Mr O'Burney.

English are fair game. Punching up, innit.
    The concept of 'punching up' does amuse me - not least because of its inherently bigoted assumption of superiority on the part of those being punched. Thus, to the white, middle class liberal mentality, a wealthy Indian or African person may slag off a poor white English person because they are 'punching up', which actually only serves to endorse and reinforce ingrained ideas of racial hierarchy.