Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hopefully the football ignoramuses on here now realise why Xhaka/Ramsey will never

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You are right that Ramsey is a useless **** and a liability as a midfielder. No question there, at least from me.

It would be foolish to highlight that as the problem when you are given a 90 minute performance like that, littered with mistake after mistake after mistake.

I could moan and bitch about most of the players but the truth is this is all Wenger’s fault. The team is a tactical and defensive mess and that has been perfectly evident in both of the first two games. We can complain about injuries, selection, refereeing etc etc. None of these are the real reason we have been so sloppy. It is just Wenger, it is just what he does.

And we have another two years of it ahead, at least.
    This is one of the finest hissy-fits I have seen since Saturday, p. And I'm including the more lunatic fringe on Twitter when I say that.

You are to be congratulated on losing your shít quite so outrageously 2 games into the season. Well done sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is one of the finest hissy-fits I have seen since Saturday, p. And I'm including the more lunatic fringe on Twitter when I say that.

You are to be congratulated on losing your shít quite so outrageously 2 games into the season. Well done sir!
    I was actually in quite a good mood when I wrote that.

The only thing that really irritates me is the people who are incredulous at games like this as though it comes as some huge shock.

Its exactly what you get with Wenger and we know it

The only thing that really irritates me is the people who are incredulous at games like this as though it comes as some huge shock.

Yes, he's always favoured fluidity and relying on his players to make good decisions, hasn't he?

That's what makes us so good to watch, and what has delivered us all those lovely trophies.

Yes, he's always favoured fluidity and relying on his players to make good decisions, hasn't he?

That's what makes us so good to watch, and what has delivered us all those lovely trophies.
    In which case, it's valid to criticise him for buying too many players who make bad decisions, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    In which case, it's valid to criticise him for buying too many players who make bad decisions, isn't it?
    Why, certainly it is.

Why, certainly it is.
    Or, you know.....he could try a bit of coaching.

Or, you know.....he could try a bit of coaching.
    You could get Pulis in if that's the sort of thing you're after.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, and no. When money is tight, such players can still fit our budget.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Ok, maybe we should get some players who make the right decisions then.

It would be cheaper to replace the manager.

I think the incredulity is mostly fake and merely intended as yet another stick to beat Wenger with. Nobody is really shocked.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."