Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: #EngWI I must say I'm really enjoying this.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Somehow, I don't think you'd say the same about a rubbish Manchester United side, or a down-at-heels Bayern or Barcelona, would you? Or would you?
    Yes, but that's just football. And besides, no-one ever hated the West Indies. Not in the way everyone hated the dominant Aussie side of the 90s. One could admire the great West Indian teams while simply accepting that they were going to give England a bloody good hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but that's just football. And besides, no-one ever hated the West Indies. Not in the way everyone hated the dominant Aussie side of the 90s. One could admire the great West Indian teams while simply accepting that they were going to give England a bloody good hiding.
    I certainly hated the fact that we didn't compete against them, same with the Australians. And no-one ever cried for us when we were losing every game, did they. As I say, **** 'em. This is all just your leftiness, anti-Englishness, shining through.

Viv Richards is actually a relative of a family friend; met him many times, when I was a nipper.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

And no-one ever cried for us when we were losing every game, did they.
    Well you wouldn't really, with Tony Grieg captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Well you wouldn't really, with Tony Grieg captain.
    No, you wouldn't. But I doubt you've ever been to Eastern Cape, have you.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

It's a fair cop, guv.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's a fair cop, guv.
    No, you're alright. It's a sad, but true, fact that western Libs, or lefties, don't really want to be part of a human race that includes darkies, which is why, I presume, you take a dim view of Saffers; they actually know what they are talking about, when it comes to black Africans left to their own devices in their own home environment

No, you're alright. It's a sad, but true, fact that western Libs, or lefties, don't really want to be part of a human race that includes darkies, which is why, I presume, you take a dim view of Saffers; they actually know what they are talking about, when it comes to black Africans left to their own devices in their own home environment
    I knew a saffer who, when told a product was 'foolproof', responded 'Ja, but is it effrikgn-proof? Un uther wurds, kin you guv it to a keffir and he doesn't fack it ap in the forst five munnets?'

Everyone was rather embarrassed by this outburst, needless to say.

I have a chum who will only ever have Cape Coloureds as his chefs. "Man," he says, "those boys can cook, but they're so ugly! They're a total ginitic miss."

I can certainly vouch for the veracity of the first part of his theory, but reject the second, knowing, as I do, a most delightful lady of such heritage. Large bosoms and an enthusiasm for Michael Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have a chum who will only ever have Cape Coloureds as his chefs. "Man," he says, "those boys can cook, but they're so ugly! They're a total ginitic miss."

I can certainly vouch for the veracity of the first part of his theory, but reject the second, knowing, as I do, a most delightful lady of such heritage. Large bosoms and an enthusiasm for Michael Jackson.
    The only one I've met up close is Herschelle Gibbs and he is quite ugly. No idea about his cooking.

Gibbs.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The only one I've met up close is Herschelle Gibbs and he is quite ugly. No idea about his cooking.

Gibbs.jpg
    You have met the lady in question. Cokey smurf.