Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the daughter got her A-Level results today (all fine, thanks for asking) and it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Very good. Yes, my daughter will be studying plays for three years.

You'd almost think she's doing it deliberately to annoy me, wouldn't you?
    She should aim to become a newsreader imo. Or a Hollywood actress.
    What does she want to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    She should aim to become a newsreader imo. Or a Hollywood actress.
    What does she want to be?
    Fùck alone knows. I'm not sure I trust people who know what they want to be at 18, though.

I remember this day well, phoning the school from the pay phone in the Ship Bar in Warrenpoint to be told I had achieved 1 grade A, 1 grade C and 1 grade F. Realising then that I had not enough points or whatever for my chosen course and wondering how my future would pan out.

A few carefully placed phone calls on my behalf and I was into University quicker than you could say “what a fúcking waste of time that is going to be”.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I remember this day well, phoning the school from the pay phone in the Ship Bar in Warrenpoint to be told I had achieved 1 grade A, 1 grade C and 1 grade F. Realising then that I had not enough points or whatever for my chosen course and wondering how my future would pan out.

A few carefully placed phone calls on my behalf and I was into University quicker than you could say “what a fúcking waste of time that is going to be”.
    May I ask what the F was in, sw?

Actually I was thinking. I get annoyed when I hear about A levels and people doing well,

But I actually have 3 B's myself.

Flyddiness
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Physics.

Even then I knew it was not cool to be a spod.

Physics.

There is no F in Physics
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Physics.

You were mad even to be taking it imo. I got an E at it in GCSE on the grounds that it was a stupid subject and that I'd given up on it pretty much after my first lesson.

You were mad even to be taking it imo. I got an E at it in GCSE on the grounds that it was a stupid subject and that I'd given up on it pretty much after my first lesson.
    I seem to recall thinking it was relatively “easy” at O Level and this was the basis of my course selection for A Level, as opposed to choosing courses for a defined career path. As you have said before, who the fúck really knows what they want to be at 16.

I cannot recall a course which would have helped me become a rampant stud muffin.

In the end in hindsight I appear to have chosen to be an Irish speaking economist who knew how to do whatever a physics person does.