Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So the daughter got her A-Level results today (all fine, thanks for asking) and it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I remember this day well, phoning the school from the pay phone in the Ship Bar in Warrenpoint to be told I had achieved 1 grade A, 1 grade C and 1 grade F. Realising then that I had not enough points or whatever for my chosen course and wondering how my future would pan out.

A few carefully placed phone calls on my behalf and I was into University quicker than you could say “what a fúcking waste of time that is going to be”.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I remember this day well, phoning the school from the pay phone in the Ship Bar in Warrenpoint to be told I had achieved 1 grade A, 1 grade C and 1 grade F. Realising then that I had not enough points or whatever for my chosen course and wondering how my future would pan out.

A few carefully placed phone calls on my behalf and I was into University quicker than you could say “what a fúcking waste of time that is going to be”.
    May I ask what the F was in, sw?

Actually I was thinking. I get annoyed when I hear about A levels and people doing well,

But I actually have 3 B's myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Flyddiness
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Physics.

Even then I knew it was not cool to be a spod.

Physics.

There is no F in Physics
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Physics.

You were mad even to be taking it imo. I got an E at it in GCSE on the grounds that it was a stupid subject and that I'd given up on it pretty much after my first lesson.

You were mad even to be taking it imo. I got an E at it in GCSE on the grounds that it was a stupid subject and that I'd given up on it pretty much after my first lesson.
    I seem to recall thinking it was relatively “easy” at O Level and this was the basis of my course selection for A Level, as opposed to choosing courses for a defined career path. As you have said before, who the fúck really knows what they want to be at 16.

I cannot recall a course which would have helped me become a rampant stud muffin.

In the end in hindsight I appear to have chosen to be an Irish speaking economist who knew how to do whatever a physics person does.

Did Physics have electrolysis or was that a Chemistry topic ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Did Physics have electrolysis or was that a Chemistry topic ?
    Dunno mate, I got an F.